The Chat Thread formerly known as "Friends request?"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s:
seriously, I can see this friends thing causing problems.

example: wife is wanting to know who hubby is talking to on SB. She goes and checks out his "friends" and finds that a few of them are women. can you see the argument now? "but dear, I've never met these women before...".

We already had that issue without "friends" >> Member directory question.

actually that is one of the threads I was thinking of.... I just couldn't remember it's name.....

trust me... more of this is going to happen.

I was accused in court of sleeping with someone on this board (Just before the divorce was final)... Until I answered "Yes, I slept with her... and the other 4 guys in the room we all shared before diving the next morning..." :grin

I was accused in court of sleeping with someone on this board (Just before the divorce was final)... Until I answered "Yes, I slept with her... and the other 4 guys in the room we all shared before diving the next morning..." :grin

Scubaboard Orgy? this could be an annual event! :rofl3:

We sleep together all the time, it is the scubaboard way :D.... huh Jim?
Pretty soon we will also dive nakkid:wink:

:popcorn:But guys you are not alone, I had a long term b/friend who thought I was messing around with my dive buddies. As it turned out, he was the one playing around and I was really diving. :shakehead:
It is also hard for us women when most people who dive are male, if we have an insecure mate.:mooner:

It's all very Middle School ... I should know, I have a 12 year old. I guess that's why I enjoy it, lets me be in his mind set for a minute.

We sleep together all the time, it is the scubaboard way :D.... huh Jim?
Pretty soon we will also dive nakkid:wink:
Old news... It's come up before... I think we've slept together 2 or 3 times? I remember it well!

Pretty soon? I've only made one dive this year when I wasn't nekkid...

Well, I don't get this "friends" thing at all. I know it is all the rage in MySpace. I'm too old to understand this stuff. What does having friends on your profile at SB get you? Anything? Really, I do not understand it.

I won't say it's creepy to get requests from someone who I don't know and can't remember reading a post. It is perplexing, not creepy.

But one of my real friends asked and I accepted.

By the way, Walter, I'm offended that you didn't ask me to be your friend! And, I'm happy to know you have a significant other. You deserve it.

But guys you are not alone, I had a long term b/friend who thought I was messing around with my dive buddies. As it turned out, he was the one playing around and I was really diving. :shakehead:
It is also hard for us women when most people who dive are male, if we have an insecure mate.:mooner:

Been there. I dated a guy (very, very briefly!) last year who got pretty pissed because I was going diving with a male dive buddy. That was pretty much the end of that, ha!

Why IS it that non-diving men feel so threatened by a woman who dives with other guys, even though it's strictly platonic? :confused:

This whole "Friend" thing on the boards, if ya ask me, is kinda silly. And I don't dig the new 'see who's been looking at your profile' feature, either. I don't care who looks at mine and I don't want my browsing to be public, either. :mooner:

By the way, Walter, I'm offended that you didn't ask me to be your friend! And, I'm happy to know you have a significant other. You deserve it.

Yes Walter me 2 :popcorn:

:lotsalove: OMG congrats on the new life, I think you are great and I am sure she must be a very special lady as well :D

Walter, does this mean I am cut off from the shark teeth necklaces? Congrats! Will you be my friend?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom