The case of the disintegrating latex

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got more than two years and several hundred dives off the wrist seals on my Mobby's suit. I got less than 100 dives off the original Fusion wrist seals. I don't use sunscreen, either.

I'm not a good reference for neck seals, because for some odd reason, I go through them like crazy. But of all the latex seals I've had wear out, the only ones that turned to goo were the ones on the Fusion. It was really weird. Unfortunately, they decided to go during my Cave 2 class, and man, was I wet.

Could the problem be due to moisturizing cream or something similar ?

No, I don't use any kind of cream or lotions, not even sunscreen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kern View Post
Who is this DRIS chap.
Apparently some guy who molests dolphins
Dive Rite in Scuba

Oh my, next time I see him I will mention the photo. He is local to me, seems to be a good guy. I get some parts and other stuff from him. When I have to have him order something he gets it in fast.

Last edited:
The evaluation & testing phase for Tribolube SC lasted more than a year. I wanted to be sure what it was capable of. We officially launched the product at Underwater Interventions in New Orleans (or "Nor'-Lens" if your a local). I underestimated the need for the product and the positive reception we have seen in the first 2 weeks.
here is a brief description of Tribolube SC (scuba conditioner) for everyone's review:

TRIBOLUBE® SC Protecterant is NEW and recently announced during the Underwater Interventions commercial dive show February 9th, 2010.
TRIBOLUBE® SC is a conditioner suitable for use on the internal and external surfaces of dry suit seals, rubber products (natural and synthetic), neoprene, polyurethane, and latex material. It will extend the life of your equipment, and protect your investment. It stops oxidation, deterioration, dry rot, and corrosion caused by exposure to salt water. TRIBOLUBE® SC is ideal for all dry suit seals, wet suits, gloves, zippers, hoses, tubing, and all dive gear that can dry out and become brittle. If you want to remove TRIBOLUBE® SC from any area, for best results just use soap and warm water.

Trouble, no, I don't got no troubles at all. In fact, I'v just organised to have the offending infected seals removed & disposed of in the prescribed manor. I don't think any nukes were involved? And new seals glued in on Friday. With a little luck I still may get to the Encounter on Saturday. :cool2:

My better late than never new years resolutions; from now on, no lotions or potions on the delicate face & hands until after dives. Get rid of baseball cap, get broad brimmed hat, pull down over ears. Move washing station away from the side of the garage. Thats a big black tub beside a tap. Use more talc. Look for Tribolube latex protectant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom