Replaced Latex Drysuit neck seal with Si-Tech Quick Neck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If mine were that small I wouldn't be able to get my big head through it. I was very lucky that I almost didn't have to cut anything. I could have probably folded it back a bit with some relief cuts but figured it was just as easy to trim it the little bit that was required.
Nice job - I'm contemplating doing the same thing instead of just replacing my failing latex seal.

Did you really need to cut away material to expose the sealing ring on the inside, or could you have lifted the drysuit material out of the way as you went around the circle? Replacing a seal would be a PITA, but do you think it would have been possible?
I could have probably managed to not cut it, but was worried that the seal pressing against the edge of the material may put stress on the glue and lead to issues. I guess it depends on the material stretch as well. Mine is a Bi-lam material so there is no stretch. Every suit is going to be different and If the hole size was close maybe, but if you had a lot of material it would interfere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom