The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

badathiding.jpg

Kev, I love this picture. The composition is just so different from what we usually see down there. Thanks for sharing.

Kev, hope the knee is feeling better. I can totally sympathize, having suffered sprains and stretch ligaments in both knees. Never needed any surgery, but man do I creak when I use the stairs!

I'm dying to know what the slime thing is. I've been curious ever since you posted the original picture. Good job of capturing a picture of the actual source of the strand. I have to admit, I'd be a bit too queasy to get too close to it!

Okay,

I down loaded my pictures from Sunday's outing on Kev's boat. I think Kevin captures the essence of Boynton better than I do, and I was trying a new lens for the first time, but here we go.

Glassy Sweepers
1224035006_copper-sweepers.jpg

Trumpetfish
1224035026_trumpetfish.jpg

This one is not a great shot, but it is the first one I have been able to get. The Reef Fish ID book says that this is uncommon in Florida, but I see them every time I dive with Kevin.

Bluespotted Cornetfish
1224035090_Bluespotted-Cornetfish.jpg

Green Moray
1224035189_Greenmoray.jpg

French Angel
1224035149_French-in-a-sponge.jpg

Blackbar Soldierfish
1224035067_Blackbar.jpg

Spotfin Butterflyfish
1224035048_Spotfin.jpg

Thanks Fishy, nice shots. Good to see others perspective also! Adds another dimension to the beauty of Boynton diving (with Underwater Explorers, of course!!)

Once again, UW Explorers delivered the goods today. Scubaboard was well represented with Mr. & Mrs. H2oSkier (+1), ScubaBill (+1), LowvizWiz, Tasdiver, and myself between the morning and afternoon trips.

Tas and I buddied up and saw a nice sized turtle, the usual morays, a new snake-like eel (sharptail), tons of the usual fish, and we bagged four lobsters between us after encountering a bunch of pregnant or small ones (should be a lot more of baby bugs coming soon :) ). Water temp is holding at 82 but viz was a bit off at 30-40' due to a west wind blowing overnight and into the morning.

Thank you Kevin and Alex for another great morning on the water :wink:

The cool eel:
1071592784025607622S425x425Q85.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Kevin, this is Nicole, wanted to say thanks for a great day of diving on Saturday!

:D

Once again, UW Explorers delivered the goods today. Scubaboard was well represented with Mr. & Mrs. H2oSkier (+1), ScubaBill (+1), LowvizWiz, Tasdiver, and myself between the morning and afternoon trips.

Hey Brian, It was nice finally putting a face with the name. Thanks for the heads up on the open spot!:D Good seeing you again Mr. & Mrs. H2o! When is she getting her own SB account?:shakehead: j/k

Kev, Alex & Alex - thank you for a great trip. Kevin, outstanding briefing and de-briefing of the reefs I want to see that clay model finished.
Nicole, where's Kev's flashlight? :rofl3: It was good meeting you and Bill too.

There was a nasty layer of green water on top, but it would open up at around 20'-25' to a decent 40' of viz. Hey anything over 10' is good for me!
There were no bugs to be had in the afternoon, but plenty of life... I was sorry I didn't take my camera down.

Wiz

Hey Kevin, this is Nicole, wanted to say thanks for a great day of diving on Saturday!

:D

Hi Nicole, I didn't realize you were "one of us" :D

Hey Brian, It was nice finally putting a face with the name. Thanks for the heads up on the open spot!:D
There were no bugs to be had in the afternoon, but plenty of life... I was sorry I didn't take my camera down.

Wiz

Hey Wiz, It was good to meet you as well :)
Don't forget Kev has a 4-tanker this Saturday and a 4-tanker charity dive on 11/1. The 4-tank dives are excellent for boosting the dive count this late in the year.
Sorry about the lack of crustaceans, when we do a reef clean-up, we scour it :)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom