The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi everyone sorry it has been sometime since we have been on here. I just wanted to let everyone know about some specials we have coming up.
Starting February 1st - March 31st we will be renting the whole boat for $250, in order to get this price you do have to rent the whole boat. We also have a few trips coming up this year which I will be posting the dates and prices of toward the end of the week.
We are holding a contest on facebook the winner will receive a free trip out with us. I will be posting the details later this evening so if you are not already please become a fan of Underwater Explorers.
We look forward to diving with everyone soon.
Thanks
Wilhelmina

We're heading down Sunday. I'm not sure which day we will pick for a dive yet since the weather will be the deciding factor. How's the water temp? Will a shorty do or do I need a full wetsuit?

Awwe man.. I was in a class all day and missed out. Working tomorrow.... hmmm maybe Monday..

Went out today and had a fabulous time. Viz was outstanding, crystal clear water. Temp wasn't bad, about 74/75 on the bottom. Critters galore, can you say turtles and sharks, sting rays and eels? :D

What I wouldn't give for temps like that (they're near our maximum summer level here on Catalina)! However, temps here are a bit high at 57-60 F.

What I wouldn't give for temps like that (they're near our maximum summer level here on Catalina)! However, temps here are a bit high at 57-60 F.
Ahhhhh Catalina. Cut my teeth diving there after being certified in New Jersey. 1/4 inch farmer john w/beaver tail armed with a honking wenoka dive knife and ab iron (it was 1981) all off the mighty Golden Dubloon piloted by capt Eddie Tanaka.

I'll be thinking about that water temp next week while I am diving of Boynton.

Wouldn't mind seeing the kelp beds again one day. Some of the most beautiful scenery underwater that I've ever seen.

we got our limit of bugs off Gulfstream on Friday, so they are still out there if you know where to go. Saturday was a bit rough, but we had a full boat of happy divers on Sunday, spotting lots of sharks and a big goliath on the west edge of Briny Breezes. We are planning a 3-tank dive on Thursday to Paul's reef working south in search of bugs. Planning a big end to lobster season (maybe Friday the 29th, maybe Sunday the 31st) with a trip 3-tank to the Loran tower looking for some of those big fellas. Even though the vessel can carry 13 with 3 tanks, we will probably only take 10 to make things comfy. Great diving out there if you don't mind the cooler temps.

Thanks to U.E. for referring me over to the Starfish Enterprise when they weren't able to accommodate my off season, short notice dive request. Craig on the Starfish took good care of me and we had a great couple of dives. Lot's of sea life and fairly good visibility. Hopefully next time I'll be able to check out U.E.!

Attachments

• Dive instructor 020.jpg
    Dive instructor 020.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 61
  • Dive instructor 051.jpg
    Dive instructor 051.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 54
  • Dive instructor 035.jpg
    Dive instructor 035.jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Dive instructor 052.jpg
    Dive instructor 052.jpg