The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had the pleasure of diving with Joystershell last week and I have to say that as much as I love the diving off Catalina and the Puget Sound that Boynton has captured first place in my book. The diving was amazing as was the company of my fellow divers.

I also have to comment on the amazing hospitality and good will of SB'ers I meet wherever I go.
It was a group of SB'ers that I dove with at an organized dive in Laguna CA shortly after I was certified that cemented my love for diving. Since then I have had the good fortune of meeting and diving with a succession of fantastic poeple I have met on ScubaBoard.

Thanks Everyone!!

PS: Joyce... Show us bug pictures!!

Steve, we were truly blessed with perfect conditions while out on Kev's boat last week. Flat seas, blue water, and critters galore. We saw several nurse sharks, either sleeping under ledges or out for a swim. And the turtles, oh my! They were everywhere, trying to tuck their heads under the reef and pretending they couldn't be seen or swimming around, coming up to Tas when she beckoned them. And, lets not forget about BugZilla. Terri and I had a ball, tag teaming that beast. Hope dinner was great!

Now you've got to get your wife and sister back here to our little slice of paradise. And, shhhhh, don't tell anybody about our backyard treasure, it's a secret. :cool2:

^^ I can't make up my mind who's prettier...you or da lobster.:rofl3:

Had a GREAT weekend with Underwater Explorers. My dive buddy and I finally got our AOW...and we were lucky enough to have the "DM of the year" as our instructor...thank you Kevin!!!

We dove with UE last June based on the strong recommendations here on Scuba Board. So when we decided to get our AOW this winter we wanted Kevin to be our instructor. I cannot say how happy we are with our instruction. My buddy and I are not looking to collect c-cards....we want to be better divers!

I don't live in south Florida, in fact, it's a 10 hour drive. I don't post often here on Scuba Board. But I just have to take a moment to say how awesome of a guy Kevin is...as an instructor and just as someone cool to have a beer (or 3) with. We learned SOOOO much. Kevin teaches what's in the PADI AOW book but then goes well beyond that. He helps you fully understand the application of the principles that the book introduces you to.

I read the Peak Performance Buoyancy chapter. In fact, I read it 4 times. When you sit down with Kevin and listen to him explain things in his own words you begin to fully appreciate the difference between some "by-the-book" instructor and someone (like Kevin) that can take the concepts from the book and present them in a more applied manner.

I'm an air hog (aka - hoover). I know it...my dive buddies know it. Keith (my dive buddy this weekend) began the weekend (1st dive) getting on the boat with 1000+ lbs of air more than me. Our last dive he had 300 lbs more than me. THANK YOU, Kevin!!!

Ok, enough praise for Kevin. Wilhelmina...this girl just rocks! She is simply one of the nicest people you will encounter. And be sure to ask her about her baby moray eel song. Then there's Alex. This dude can drive the boat better than most people can drive their cars. I may have limited diving (and boating) experience but I have seen a few captains and I can say that Alex is incredible. Great job to the UE team! You guys have definitely earned us as repeat customers.

Here's a few pics from our weekend...

Teacher and students
20139_1193719645044_1290019558_30462326_6271567_n.jpg

Navigation Dive: Will we find out way back?
20139_1193720405063_1290019558_30462343_7034122_n.jpg

Kevin and Wilhelmina
20139_1193720645069_1290019558_30462347_7375044_n.jpg

Hey Kev,
I have referred 2 guys from our dive group Dave, Fred they will be down to enjoy some of your southern hospitality,great diving on Boynton's reefs and some plain R&R!
In March,I am down in late March with GalPal & my 10 son but his Junior open water limits to looks like Molasses reef,but I think we will get out with you one day-if you have room,
Brad

Went out today on the mighty dive boat Explorer. As always Kev, Wilhelmina and Alex treated us to some great dives. Out first drop was Clubhouse and our second was Black Condo (I think...). The usual creatures were out; a few nurse sharks, some turtles and a baby golaith grouper all made an apearance. Now if we could have only gotten rid of the chilly air it would have been a perfect trip!

Holy Smokes! You'd think that I was burglarized and couln't get on the internet for months! Thank you everyone for keeping the thread alive! I'm gonna try to dust off the old camera and send some Boynton love to everyone that can't be down here right now.

Doug and Keith were dream students.... it really makes it easy when you get folks that are committed to improving their diving, and they really exceeded my expectations. Brad! I hope you are staying warm up there and look forward to your visit! And Lewis, we had 100 foot viz today, hopefullly the blue water will stick around until Saturday. Joyce, Steve and Terri, you guys rule!

Holy Smokes! You'd think that I was burglarized and couln't get on the internet for months! Thank you everyone for keeping the thread alive! I'm gonna try to dust off the old camera and send some Boynton love to everyone that can't be down here right now.

Doug and Keith were dream students.... it really makes it easy when you get folks that are committed to improving their diving, and they really exceeded my expectations. Brad! I hope you are staying warm up there and look forward to your visit! And Lewis, we had 100 foot viz today, hopefullly the blue water will stick around until Saturday. Joyce, Steve and Terri, you guys rule!

damn, 100ft vis! It better stick around 'til Sat!

Dang I can't wait till the water warms up so I can get my crew back out on the water!

:thumbs-up As always, it's awesome diving with you Kev !! Looking forward to more of your pictures !!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom