The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello-- is there anybody out there.. just nod if you can hear me. Is there anyone home?

BDC seems to be abandoned. Looking to hear about everyone's great dive trips with pictures. DId Kev leave on his trip and never return?? ---

I can confirm that as of Saturday Kev was alive and well. Myself, deepstops, HowardE, obxdiveguy, sharkbait0501, and an ediver ventured out into some pretty rough conditions with him for a trip.

We planned to hit the Castor for our first drop but elected for a closer hunting/reef location as we were taking a beating from the 4-6' seas. Conditions below were a nice relief with 73* temps and excellent vis. Unfortunately topside conditions deteriorated into 6-8' seas by the time we surfaced. Getting back on-board was a challenge but Alex did a great job getting everyone back on-board safely.

After a quick vote the second dive was unanimously scrubbed in favor of getting back through the inlet before the outgoing tide. Kev safely navigated Explorer through the rough inlet and we were glad to be on the other side.

We all enjoyed an early lunch at Hurricane Alley before calling it a day.

Sorry - no pictures but we did talk about Kev getting the camera back underwater during lunch. Hopefully we'll see new contributions to the Chronicle in the future.

Yep, Kev's boat is running great but there's been a lack of pictures. Here's my Saturday report: We had a full charter on a six pack out of Boynton Beach. We did cut the day short because it started out w/ 4-6' but turned into 5-8' by the end of the first dive and with an outgoing due to start at 11am, we decided the inlet would be an issue and headed back in on the slack tide. There were a lot of fishing boats out but I didn't see any other dive boats. Water temp was a solid 73 top to bottom and viz was in the 80' range.

Top to bottom vis-- 73 degrees -- HEck SINCE there are no pics---

Unlimited Vis -- 84 temp -- smooth seas -- Jessica Alba was the DM and you saw a squadron of mermaids...

Unlimited Vis -- 84 temp -- smooth seas -- Jessica Alba was the DM and you saw a squadron of mermaids...
... and mermen.

(Chicks dig eye candy, too. :wink:)

Wow, Jessica's a DM? One more good reason to go out with UE

Good diving, Craig

I went out with Kevin yesterday, MLK day, and the seas were nearly flat calm (a rare winter treat!). Viz on the first dive (Clubhouse site) was awesome at 60-70 feet and current was a modest south direction. Viz on the second dive (Black Condo site) was much worse: less than 40feet with a very very modest north current: we actaully swam against the current and headed southward since the dive site was more interesting in that direction. There was only one other diver on the boat, a regular with Kevin that dives solo, so Kevin was my dive buddy. Lots of beautiful reef and tropicals. Temps varied from 71 to 74 degrees. I tried out my new 100 cf tank on the first dive and Kevin patiently let me stay down for about 80 minutes on the first dive: most dives shops pretty much force you back onto the boat at an hour regardless of the gas content in your tank: I appreciated Kevin's flexibility. I took a few pictures, but they turned out crappy so I won't be posting them.

Three cheers for Underwater Explorers.

There was only one other diver on the boat, a regular with Kevin that dives solo, so Kevin was my dive buddy.
Three cheers for Underwater Explorers.

Drats I was actually available on Monday, but every time I call last minute Kev. is booked!:shakehead: I was sure the boat would have been full on Monday too.

I'm glad you had a great dive!

My wife are heading down to Boynton the first week of Feb. Can anyone reccomend a dive center and some good sites? Wife just has a basic open water so nothing too advanced.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom