the best way to write my name on my tank ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seriously. My HP120s are old. As in, 3500psi PST tanks that aren't made any more. They all still have stickers (or remnants thereof) from when they were new.
Seriously, I'd look for another cylinder tester. They aren't doing their job correctly, if you don't remove stickers how could you possibly know there's no corrosion beneath them?

Seriously, I'd look for another cylinder tester. They aren't doing their job correctly, if you don't remove stickers how could you possibly know there's no corrosion beneath them?

Not to mention every VIP inbetween.

Bob

Industrial sharpies are a good option. They’re rated to resist most solvents and heat and definitely can handle immersion.

www.divinglabels.com make very high quality personalised and waterproof labels for diving gear. They are $19.59 for a set of 108 different shapes and sizes (to fit all your gear). They don't come off and last hundreds of dives. Ship anywhere in the world included in the price. Check out their reviews on Facebook

I concur. Go back over it once a year. Ink lasts longer on galvanized steel cylinders than on Aluminum.
I have steel 100s. Wrote on with permanent marker. Still clear after a year but darkening makes it better. I also number the tanks. Always dive 1 first. Makes life easier when going to get fills if have only used one tank. I wrote at the top. Easier to spot the tanks at pickup on the fill rack. Not a big deal but is convenient.

I got one of those stencil kits which have every letter of the alphabet and a bunch of symbols, and some neon pink spray paint. I painted my name in ALL CAPITALS and threw in a few astericks to make it look nice. I thought it was a great job but the shop that rented me the tanks wasn't very happy about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom