the best way to write my name on my tank ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brushing it on with nail polish is messier and slower than just using a paint marker, Sharpie is one of many, not their ink markers, but they make PAINT markers. My LDS carries "tank markers" which are just some brand of paint marker, and if you buy a tank or just ask nicely, they are glad to let you use one to put your name on the tank.

Of course, since my name is so common, I figure someone might just take it mistakenly for theirs. So my tanks say NOT YOUR TANK on them.

Yes, by mail. It takes a week or so, but I’ve never had a problem with them.

Listen here man...However you write your name on your tanks is irrelevant - there’s probably some good ideas in the previous 10,000,000 posts here, but I noticed that your online handle was ah, “kokz” and that you’re German.
Whatever you do and however you letter your tanks, please try the get the spelling correct or you may or may not run into some situations depending on where you dive.

Just go your local auto parts store and get a touch up paint pen for cars. can get whatever color you want.....

Yes, by mail. It takes a week or so, but I’ve never had a problem with them.
Thanks for the tip .these decals are pretty sweet.
20180521_132813.jpg

I had custom "bumper stickers" made with my name and address from some random website. I think they were 2 or 3 bucks each. I remove and replace all the stickers at VIP time, so I prefer the easier to remove vinyl.

These are very nice. I have BCD tags made by this company. They last a long time, you won't have to worry about replacing the labels like you do with a sticker or marker. Only drawback is the $22 pricetag. Personalized Scuba Tank Name Tag When I run out of stickers, I'll probably get some of these.
bumper stickers at vistaprint - $4/ea

I wasn't expecting them to last, but I have a regular old Brother label maker. I printed out labels with my name, the tanks' serial numbers, and hydro expiration date like 2 years ago and stuck them on up near the valve. They are still there and still perfectly legible.

This is on galvanized steel tanks and on my brushed no-coat AL40, too.

I think I may have hit them for a few seconds with a light dose of hot air from a heat gun when I put them on, too. Just enough to warm it all up, not make anything hot.
I've had brother labels on my tanks for close to 15 years - still look good as new

Indelible ink/marker is the best solution.

All stickers and labels should be removed when cylinders are tested/inspected.

S.
which never happens....

which never happens....

Seriously. My HP120s are old. As in, 3500psi PST tanks that aren't made any more. They all still have stickers (or remnants thereof) from when they were new.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom