the best way to write my name on my tank ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Find your local GUE dude, ask him/her where they get their name stickers. They WILL know someone, or they're bad at GUE'ing.

I write my last (or first) name around the neck with a paint pen and put some vinyl letters on the side near the bottom.I've got a tank I've had almost tent years that both are still pretty legible

I'll use a sharpie to highlight the pressure and the + as well (if needed), hydro sometimes if its hard to read. Saves everyone time,

I'll use a sharpie to highlight the pressure and the + as well (if needed), hydro sometimes if its hard to read. Saves everyone time,

As well as my name, I highlight the hydro and plus, then write the proper fill pressure above it. Also by my name I put the month and year of next hydro on the four tanks I use the most, since I have been caught trying to fill a tank I didn't know just dropped out of hydro. Embarrassing and inconvenient.

Bob

+1 on the Sharpie

Hi There ! Do you now a good way to write my name on my tank ? :)
You have received some good suggestions. I will offer a couple of thoughts based on my own experience.

1. I wouldn't try to etch your name on the cylinder. Tursiops is right, a visual inspector might take issue. I wouldn't, IF the marking were made on the thicker, rounded neck (where hydro stamps are usually placed. But, it is simply unnecessary. And, possibly MORE permanent than you really want.

2. I have used the Brite-Mark paint markers quite a bit. We use them in the shop to mark our rental inventory. The paint will fade / rub off over time (e.g. less than a year of heavy use) but they are perhaps as simple as any appraoch.

3. I personally like the Trident Gear Marking Paint (Trident U-Mark It Gear Marking Paint). One possible criticism is that it may chip off, over time. That has not been my experience. But, even if it did, over 5+ years, you can replace it.

4. I have used reflective sign letters. And, I like them - inexpensive, easy to use. They do fade over time. And, they can be easily removed, so you are not looking at a robust theft-proofing system. But, for simple identification, they work very well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom