The All-Inclusive Fall Megadive Thread (October 3-5 2008)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have dibs on potato salad.
Have arrangements been yet made for supplies for Galaxy Dive.
I think I still have some stix left over from past ones that I could bring.
They are the green ones.(That is why they are still here)

scubafool- firewood, hotdogs for the dinner, (black olives, mushrooms, eggs, shredded cheese, cubed ham) for the omelet-in-a-bag breakfast.

brewone0to - potato salad

bd & plibj (precious little infant baby jameson) - snacky junk stuff like pop tarts & chips & trail mix

scubafool- firewood, hotdogs for the dinner, (black olives, mushrooms, eggs, shredded cheese, cubed ham) for the omelet-in-a-bag breakfast.

brewone0to - potato salad

bd & plibj (precious little infant baby jameson) - snacky junk stuff like pop tarts & chips & trail mix

Jenny & Hermit Crab - S'mores stuff, marshmallows for guns, bacon for omlettes

Hello from the Far North (of Florida). I am planning on coming down and joining the festivities at Ginnie.

However, I wanted to check in and see what protocol's need to be observed. I know how we do things up this way (like Vortoberfest), but I wanted to ensure I "keep to the code".

Obviously, Rum is in order. However, what else should I plan for? Is there a prefered area for camping, is it only tent camping, are certain spots "reserved" or taboo?

Let me know so I can arrive on time, in style and fully prepared .....

Thanks,
Capt Grumby

Hello from the Far North (of Florida). I am planning on coming down and joining the festivities at Ginnie.

However, I wanted to check in and see what protocol's need to be observed. I know how we do things up this way (like Vortoberfest), but I wanted to ensure I "keep to the code".

Obviously, Rum is in order. However, what else should I plan for? Is there a prefered area for camping, is it only tent camping, are certain spots "reserved" or taboo?

Let me know so I can arrive on time, in style and fully prepared .....

Thanks,
Capt Grumby

Ask at the front office for a site map and directions to the Turkey Roost camp area, that is the area that we have reserved. We generally pitch our tents all over that area, just ask where is a good spot to set up when you arrive. If you like to be in amongst everyone, there is the common tent area, and there are also some semi-quiet spots that are still handy to our common area. Mostly tent camping, although a small popup will fit.

A new park rule this time around is that they do not allow glass containers. Probably a good thing overall, for various reasons. Try to purchase beverages in plastic bottles or aluminum cans. You could bring something to add to the morning omelets, by keeping an eye on the cut and paste list that we have going to see what is already coming, and claim something that isn't already claimed. Or, a small donation to help offset the cost of the pavilion rental and some odds and ends that end up being purchased for this event would be much appreciated.

The MegaDive is usually an event to be remembered. Welcome aboard!

:poke:::AHEM:: Someone asked me about this trip and it was WAAAAAY too much reading for me to find out that it is an October 4 Ginnie Springs trip. Can a mod puh-LEEZE update the first post with a where and when?

Oct 3-5, Ginnie Springs Turkey Roost. Camping, diving, and drinking. Not necessarily in that order!
Camping prices are as listed on the Ginnie website, but the diving prices have been modified

Camping for adults is $18 per night, $6 for kids 7-14, free for 6 and under.

Diving is $22 per day.

Bring food to share for the community brekkys and the Sat. afternoon lunch. Cut and paste from the last previous post that lists the food all is bringing, add your name, # of guests, and what you are bringing. Non divers of course are welcome!

It would be nice if a mod could put Jenny's info above in the first post...someone asked me what weekend Megadive was and I had to do a lot of reading to get that info...I guess they were too frustrated to read it for themselves.

I'm not going to Megadive but I hope y'all have FUN!!!

Thanks, Debby, for helping out a prospective attendee.

I just finished sending another PM attempting to get this thread updated. I think that this one should produce results.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom