The All-Inclusive Fall Megadive Thread (October 3-5 2008)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please count me in. Will there be a post with all the firm details up as soon as possible? Exact date, times, cost / fees, etc? There is a lot of information needed and its a pain trying to dig it all up.

Turkey Roost is tent camping correct? Are there outlets for power? Also, do they offer Nitrox fills or just Air, and what are the prices? I didn't see any prices for fills.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Cool, good to have you along!

There are plenty of buddies to go around, so no problems there. Except for Scuba Jenny. She is a terrible buddy.

I :heart: u 2 man!:mooner::mooner:

Please count me in. Will there be a post with all the firm details up as soon as possible? Exact date, times, cost / fees, etc? There is a lot of information needed and its a pain trying to dig it all up.

Turkey Roost is tent camping correct? Are there outlets for power? Also, do they offer Nitrox fills or just Air, and what are the prices? I didn't see any prices for fills.

Thanks!

October 3-5th, 8am on the 3rd till sunset on the 5th :D Most of the stuff will be doing down that Saturday, from sunrise (note: if you show up before 8am, you will be required to pay for the previous night's camping even if you didn't camp, so either camp the night before or show up after 8am) until midnight (for diving, the fun around the campfire lasts until the wee hours of the morning, but unless you are camping, you have to be out at midnight with a diving pass)

Costs will be known for sure after Scubafool calls Ginnie Springs and talks with them :D Until then, you can get a rough estimate by looking at their posted prices, but we might be able to haggle a better deal. Scubafool will have more info on this soon, hopefully. Unfortunately he ends up doing some of the work for this because he is kind of the unofficial official group representative :D But I've been bugging him to call so I think he'll do it soon :D (thank you Scubafool!!!!!!!!)

TurkeyRoost is tents, but you can get a small RV in there if you tried. No electricity, but if we rent the pavilion, that has some power. I usually bring something to charge HID lights with, a few marine batteries and inverter :D

Ginnie has EAN21 for $5/single tanks, $7/doubles. Cave Excursions East, 5 minutes up CR340 at the intersection of CR340 and SR47, has banked EAN32 for $.09/cubic foot, along with air for $4/single tanks, $8/doubles. CEE can also fill your o2 for $.25/cubic foot.

Ginnie has EAN21 for $5/single tanks, $7/doubles. Cave Excursions East, 5 minutes up CR340 at the intersection of CR340 and SR47, has banked EAN32 for $.09/cubic foot, along with air for $4/single tanks, $8/doubles. CEE can also fill your o2 for $.25/cubic foot.

While I have never seen it enforced and I'm sure their would be a mass mutiny if they did enforce it, it is worth mentioning that in all Ginnie literature they have a footnote that they reserve the right to require all tanks be filled on site.

that's only if they notice people huffing tanks & giggling...

While I have never seen it enforced and I'm sure their would be a mass mutiny if they did enforce it, it is worth mentioning that in all Ginnie literature they have a footnote that they reserve the right to require all tanks be filled on site.

It's been a while since I have read through the information pamphlet, and I am in no ways speaking as a representative of Ginnie Springs, but I do believe the rule is for their rental tanks only.

They also have a rule banning us from bringing in our own compressor, and they do enforce that to my knowledge.

EAN21 is a joke around here, when people ask about nitrox at places which only have air. Sort of like Mr. Ford and that famous line, "you can have any colour you want as long as you want black" or something to that effect. However down the street at CEE, Extreme Exposure, or Amigos, you can get any mix of EAN you want, along with argon, helium and pure o2. All at the best prices you can find in the area. Amigos is open 24/7, you do need to know how to fill your own tanks, so I'd advise that you get a ride over there with someone familiar with his station, but that's an option if CEE and Ginnie are closed and you decide you want to do a late night dive or early morning dive.

Often times, you can find someone going on an tank fill run, give them some money and they'll go fill your tank for you.

um... where is that?

um... where is that?

If I remember correctly it is in the blue copied tri-fold brochure on the right hand side.

It is under their rules for diving. I picked up fliers to give to my folks when we were going to be taking them down there. I know I pointed out to Bob the line because I said the first time they force us to dive here on their crappy air fills is the last time we dive here.

I don't see it on their website so I am hoping they realized what a stupid rule it was.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom