The All-Inclusive Fall Megadive Thread (October 3-5 2008)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Although air isn't ideal for diving, I've never had a problem getting decent fills.

:depressed: WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO NO NO :(

I was just told I hafta fly out to work at a remote office that weekend.... /cry :baby:

:cussing: :banghead: :chairfight: :censored: :sigh_2:

OH NO...... I LOOSE!!!!!!

we
need
an
official
thread

we
are
running
out
of
time
to
let
folks
know
this
is
a
event
not
just
a
thread
to
talk
about
things

details
details
details

Seriously we need to get this out where folks can see this event is just around the corner. David or Ken just PM Pete or Laurens and they will get the sticky posted.
Once we get an official thread folks can start posting what they are bringing. I predict the best galaxy dive ever.

don't hold back, 'zard. tell us how you feel! :D:D:D

Although air isn't ideal for diving, I've never had a problem getting decent fills.

Air is certainly preferable to breathing water at any depth, or nitrox below its MOD :wink:

Ginnie doesn't put aluminum tanks in their bath, but they are cheaper than CEE if you are breathing air.

Air is certainly preferable to breathing water at any depth, or nitrox below its MOD :wink:

Ginnie doesn't put aluminum tanks in their bath, but they are cheaper than CEE if you are breathing air.

lol air has a mod too you know :D

If I recall correctly Ginnie charges $5 to fill a single tank $7 for doubles and (for air) CEE charges $4 for a single tank $8 for doubles. Cheaper depends on if you are diving double or single tanks :wink:.

lol air has a mod too you know :D

Yes, but exceeding it does not always have the same dire consequence of oxygen toxicity seizures that exceeding the MOD of 22% and up nitrox does. I believe it is theorized that the narcotic effects of the high PN2 are what make you less likely to have a seizure if you go over a PO2 of 1.4 (or 1.6) on air at those extreme depths.

And yes Marchand is correct, I was just assuming that most attendees would be diving singles, and that most people with doubles would be wanting EAN32.

There goes Gibby, assuming again.

Anyway, I am looking into the group rate thing. I am waiting to hear back from Ginnie.

As soon as I know what the prices are going to be, I will see if I can get a mod to add the dates to the thread title, and add a post to the beginning of the thread with the most important details.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom