The All-Inclusive Fall Megadive Thread (October 3-5 2008)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like a great weekend I would like to go but do not want to misunderstand the details or the plan!
Could someone give an update on the times & dates.
Do we make our own resurvations or group and with whom should we reserve with?
Which campsite is the group camping with?
Plans for pot luck dinners,group eats or are we all on our own?
Or any other details that need to be considered.

Thanks Doug

Scuba Crab, the dates are October 3rd-5th. The times are whenever you show up until whenever you leave. We usually have a couple of people in by noon on Friday, and the last of our group usually pulls out early afternoon on Sunday.

Reservations are not needed. Just let the Ginnie Springs employees know that you are with our group when you check in, and they will give you directions to our camping area.

As far as group meals, we do omelets in a baggie both Saturday and Sunday morning, and Saturday afternoon there is usually a group meal with hotdogs, hamburgers, sometimes some chicken, etc. Plan on fending for yourself the rest of the time. There is a deli onsite that is open from around the noon hour until early afternoon on the weekends, for lunch.

Thanks to Marci we have this one in our sights, but not sure if we will be able to make it. Lots has to fall in place for it to happen.

Any Full Cave folks in that would be up for a stage or double dive....? (or other rb folks...)

I may be up, might conflict with a normoxic class that may materialize...

-Tim

well, david & jean & andy (at least, maybe others) are full...can't speak for what they'd do or not do, but just wanted you to know there were definitely full folks coming along.

No I am not. Full Cave, that is. Maybe one of these days.......

Jean is, though.

well, maybe we should bud up for class! i need to take it sometime...

Any Full Cave folks in that would be up for a stage or double dive....? (or other rb folks...)

I may be up, might conflict with a normoxic class that may materialize...

-Tim

I'm not full cave, but I'll have some stage dives under my belt this week.

Hi, I am a noob to Cave/cavern. A few of my friends are interested of meeting you guys up for the Megadive. I guess what Im looking for is a little summary of whats goes on. We are located down here in Miami and have never dove a fresh water site so this is exciting for us.

hi Drako! This is a GREAT event for divers who are new, either to diving or to the fresh water spring environment, because you will have plenty of other people to dive with who can help you figure it all out.

Generally speaking, most of the "big stuff" goes on Saturday during the day and leading in to the night. Friday, people arrive and set up camp. Friday night is usually fun, but it's not quite the large event that Saturday night is. Saturday starts with an omelette in a bag breakfast (potluck style), then people dive during the day, kind of just forming your own dive groups. (David: maybe I'll bring a board this year for people to write down when they are diving on, so if someone wants to know, they don't have to go asking around, they can just look to see if anyone has announced that they are going to be diving soon?) Saturday night, we have the Galaxy dive, which you can read about in this thread, it's a lot of fun! There is a chance of doing a cleanup dive on Saturday as well, that is still in the works. Saturday night is a bunch of fun around the campfire and maybe some more dives if you feel up to it. Sunday, we all pick up, pack up, and wish each other well for a few more months until we do it all again!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom