The $200 Orbitz package discount is working again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
This was announced here last week in threads by Fin59 and Zman96 but then none of us could get it to work. It seems to be working now okay and I thot a new thread alert might be more helpful than posting to an old one with problem discussions...

Use 200Entertain discount code and watch to make sure your room price goes down by $200 after unchecking the overpriced ground transfers. The rules...
Book a qualifying Mexico, Caribbean, or Hawaii flight + hotel package between September 1, 2009, and March 31, 2011, for 7 or more nights for travel between September 1, 2009, and December 31, 2011, via Orbitz and instantly receive $200 off your booking through the use of the promotion code. Limit one discount per hotel room and one promotion code per booking. Discounts are not redeemable for cash for any reason. Any attempt at fraud will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted. Orbitz reserves the right to change or limit the promotion in its sole discretion.
If you incur any problems tho, phone Orbitz.

Happy Travels :pilot:

Thanks Don, and good advice for unchecking the ground transfers after you enter the code. They almost got me on that the first time I used the code 2 years ago. Hopefully the code works for a while this time instead of sporadically.

I've always booked trips directly with the dive resort and airlines (separately).

My plan was to do the same for a February trip, staying at Blue Angel. (My first time at BA, my fifth in Coz.)

When I use Orbitz (along with the discount code), I get what seems like an unbelievable deal....

One week, departing Baltimore (BWI) on 2/5/11, staying at Fiesta Americana....$661 for air and all-inclusive resort....as a single! I recognize that that doesn't include diving, but I figure another $300, or so, and I've got the full package for $1,000!

Generally, there's a single supplement of a couple hundred $. (I've never looked at FA pricing before, but they do seem to get fairly high marks here as a budget option in Coz.)

The bad news is that I'd decided that I was going to visit Coz on a regular basis (4+ times per year) and stay at the Blue Angel. (I've never stayed at BA before, but it gets great reviews here and it sounds like a good option for a single diver....small, friendly, decent location.)

Now, I'm struggling with....should I grab the FA bargain, or stick with my original plan to make BA my "diving home"? Fortunately, I think they're both good options.

Ron

Did you get a quote from BA? It is a nice place with wonderful staff. and you should get an adequate breakfast with room plus lunch on dive days. They don't book thru any internet sites much less accept the Orbitz gimme. Before I quit going there, I told them what I could get this way and she just said "nice price."

Did you get a quote from BA?

Don,

I haven't gotten a quote from Blue Angel. I visited them in October while I was staying at Scuba Club Cozumel and it looked fine. I later traded emails with a lady there. I was asking about last-minute, or other, promotional rates. She said to get in touch when I'm closer to my trip date.

I'm going to Roatan (Fantasy Island) on Saturday with my son. I'll get back in touch with BA when I get back from that trip. I wanted to contact them closer to my travel date so that they might be more likely to offer a discounted rate (and, I'll also know if my son wants to join me again in February).

BA advertises (I think) a high-season rate of $650 per week, including diving, breakfast and most lunches, but no dinners. I don't know what their single supplement is.

I'm looking forward to Roatan because I'll enjoy diving with my son. I prefer the diving in Coz.

Ron

BA website has been down for a while. The posted room rates were $79/night for single and $89 for double, taxes not included. That would be $553/623 week for hotel only + tax, but would include breakfast each day, lunch with pre booked dive days, and one dinner. I was there in October and diving was $66 per 2-tank dive.
All shore diving is free which includes tanks/weights. I took advantage of this several afternoons and a couple of evenings.
Assuming you did 5-2 tank dives during your week stay, that would be $330 more. Don is correct about the staff, absolutely wonderful. I love the rooms, great views, simple, but clean.
I am going to check into the obitz deal myself as I may do a solo trip for the "invasion" and want to go budget.
May need some help from Don "hint hint".

I am going to check into the obitz deal myself as I may do a solo trip for the "invasion" and want to go budget.
May need some help from Don "hint hint".
Not applicable. The Invasion package is as is, but a nice deal.

RonG, that's awesome! I just did the same search out of NYC area airports (3 to choose from) and it came in at around 1300 for 7 nights, same dates.

If you can't find a good deal with Orbitz, keep looking! they change the prices quite often. After you book it pays to check back from time to time. I have had prices drop as much as $400 after I book, so I rebook. Sometimes they charge $25 to rebook, sometimes there is no charge. Sometimes they change the view too, you can go from garden view to oceanfront for the same price. That happens a lot.

I book air directly with the airline. Rebooking air can get expensive. You can usually find a good price on air, if not than check Cancun.

My wife and I are going back down, and this is what I was able to find after hours of looking.

air from Rochester to Cozumel booked with usair $820
car + hotel (Wyndham AI 7 nights) booked with Orbitz $490
12 morning dives for me booked with Scuba Mau $360

$1670 for two, one diver, and one non diver. If you can't find anything, keep looking!! The prices will drop.

My wife and I are going back down, and this is what I was able to find after hours of looking.

air from Rochester to Cozumel booked with usair $820
car + hotel (Wyndham AI 7 nights) booked with Orbitz $490
12 morning dives for me booked with Scuba Mau $360

$1670 for two, one diver, and one non diver. If you can't find anything, keep looking!! The prices will drop.

Wow, how did you get the Wyndham AI that cheap? $700/week for two people before you applied the Orbitz discount?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom