The $200 Orbitz package discount is working again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Judy, when we rent from someone who has CDW built in, I think there is still a 10% deductible, like with Isis...?

And I think a small amount of Liability comes with the car rental, which is fine as long as it's a cheap wreck.

:confused: You contradicted yourself.

Sorry, my mistake. Air + car is not a option. It is kinda confusing with all the different ways you can do it.

hotel + air
hotel + car
hotel + car + air
Those are the three options.

Sorry, my mistake. Air + car is not a option. It is kinda confusing with all the different ways you can do it.

hotel + air
hotel + car
hotel + car + air
Those are the three options.

Hmmm, I just tried air+hotel+car and did not get an option for the discount.

Sometimes the discount code box will show up.

Sometimes the Orbitz computer will remember that you are using it from previous searches and automatically apply it.

Sometimes it does not seem to apply, like with air & car, but I think it can be done if you phone in.

I was able to use hotel + car online a few months back and it worked. Not sure about now.

Last edited:
Judy, when we rent from someone who has CDW built in, I think there is still a 10% deductible, like with Isis...?

And I think a small amount of Liability comes with the car rental, which is fine as long as it's a cheap wreck.

QUOTE]

Isis does have a deductible on the damage to their vehicle, honestly, I do not know exactly what the number is. It is minimal, 10% may be right. Our one accident we paid a small amount for the damage to the car. The liability (the injured party's damages) were paid 100% by Isis insurance. I still think it is worth taking full coverage in Mexico, it is a small price to pay to make an unfortunate mistake easier to handle.

Hmmm, I just tried air+hotel+car and did not get an option for the discount.

Actually I don't believe you can use it for the 3 item package - only air/hotel or hotel/car. The actual details list as -

Special Offer

Book a qualifying Mexico, Caribbean, or Hawaii flight + hotel package between September 1, 2009, and March 31, 2011, for 7 or more nights for travel between September 1, 2009, and December 31, 2011, via Orbitz and instantly receive $200 off your booking through the use of the promotion code. Limit one discount per hotel room and one promotion code per booking. Discounts are not redeemable for cash for any reason. Any attempt at fraud will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted. Orbitz reserves the right to change or limit the promotion in its sole discretion.

You might call and ask what the specific qualifications are, and maybe it can be applied to the air/hotel/car package. Their on-line system doesn't always seem to work at 100% frequently. If you read the details it supposedly only applies to flight/hotel packages, but if I plug in a trip to Coz in March it will let me use the discount for hotel/car - and the details have always been mis-listed like that for the last 3 years I've used the promo code.

Back
Top Bottom