Thailand or Philippines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...It's just my own personal experience, but after 3 years in Thailand, I hadn't 'dated' a local girl.

It takes both time and effort to date a "good" Thai girl.
It helps a lot if you (really) learn the language, visit her family (and get to know them well) and dig a little bit deeper in the Thai culture.

Very true.... and I found the cultural differences to be a big divide...coupled with my natural suspicion of their motives. That wasn't the case when I moved to the Philippines.... the cultural divide is minimal and I quickly made many good local friends here.

I was not referring to your post LK.
I was referring to DevonDiver's post about Thai girls.

I know, and what a ridiculous ill informed generalisation he made, inferring that all Thai girls are bad and all Filipinos are good.
I have never heard anything so stupid.
It was your subsequent replies to him I was agreeing with.

Maybe we do have something in common after all???

Smiling seems pretty common-place in most Asian countries?!?

..and my comment was relevant to Thai girls...because most visitors to the country will, at some point, come into contact with bar girls (whether as a customer or not).

May I be so bold as to suggest you peruse your post number 11 on this thread again and digest what you have written.
You made a ridiculous generalisation about 2 different races of people that is certainly not true. I cant believe anyone can be so arrogant as to state something as you have done in the second and third paragraphs of the said post.
Going from your name I used to think you came from Devon in the UK, but now I am tending to think you may be American.

To those discussing the ladies

It may be time to start your own thread - you could call it

"Who pays less for sex"

Tropical Jill now knows far more than she wanted on that subject, and may now want to go elswhere.

Last edited:
It may be time to start your own thread - you could call it

"Who pays less for sex"

Tropical Jill now knows far more than she wanted on that subject, and may now want to go elswhere.

Maybe you would do well to suggest that to the ignorant biggoted fool that brought his ill informed opinions into the discussion.

May I be so bold as to suggest you peruse your post number 11 on this thread again and digest what you have written.
You made a ridiculous generalisation about 2 different races of people that is certainly not true. I cant believe anyone can be so arrogant as to state something as you have done in the second and third paragraphs of the said post.

You go girl!!
Only a completely ignorant, bigoted, narrow minded, bitter, jaded fool would make generalizations based on country of origin or race.

Going from your name I used to think you came from Devon in the UK, but now I am tending to think you may be American.

OH. Well, I guess you just meant comparing ASIANS was ignorant. My bad. You turned out to be just as narrow minded as I remembered.

Gannon, the American, living in Thailand.

You go girl!!
Only a completely ignorant, bigoted, narrow minded, bitter, jaded fool would make generalizations based on country of origin or race.

OH. Well, I guess you just meant comparing ASIANS was ignorant. My bad. You turned out to be just as narrow minded as I remembered.

Gannon, the American, living in Thailand.

I have not made any generalisation about any race, please read what I have written.

But I must say that most American people I have met both professionally and socially seem to have views similar to those that Devondiver has posted on here, self obsessed, money obsessed and materialistic. I am only voicing my personal observations.

And when it comes to generalisations on race, I think a perfect example was your last president, and your countries foreign policy at the time. Was it not yourself that used the words ignorant, biggoted, narrow minded. Need to say no more I think on that one.
But I wouldnt be so stupid as to think this applies to an entire race of people, if you dig deep enough, no doubt there are some nice Americans. Even those without letters after their name!

Last edited:
LK obviously hasn't met many Filipino girls.

The depth of a Thai girl's friendliness is entirely proportional to the thickness of your wallet.

Not so with Filipino girls. Filipino's are, in my experience, far more genuine and hospitable.

Thai food is something special, for sure. However, the Phils has some great dishes...Adobo, Crispy Pata etc. Just don't ask for Balut!!!

Here quite obviously speaks someone with such an understanding of the country he resided in for 3 years, I dare say his idea of eating Thai food is having rice with his KFC. :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom