Thailand or Philippines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LK obviously hasn't met many Filipino girls.

The depth of a Thai girl's friendliness is entirely proportional to the thickness of your wallet.

Not so with Filipino girls. Filipino's are, in my experience, far more genuine and hospitable.

Thai food is something special, for sure. However, the Phils has some great dishes...Adobo, Crispy Pata etc. Just don't ask for Balut!!!

The depth of a Thai girl's friendliness is entirely proportional to the thickness of your wallet.

I think you should rephrase that.

"The depth of some Thai girl's friendliness is entirely proportional to the thickness of your wallet."

Saying that all Thai girls just want your money is simply not true.

True, but your chances of meeting such girls, as a holidaymaker, are virtually nil.

Not if as a "holidaymaker" you avoid the "bar-scene" and plan some more cultural activities...

There's really much-much more to Thailand than sleazy bars and go-go girls.

Not if as a "holidaymaker" you avoid the "bar-scene" and plan some more cultural activities...

There's really much-much more to Thailand than sleazy bars and go-go girls.

Yep, I know... I lived there.

I wasn't just talking about 'bar girls'... but to meet a genuine, professional, local girl.... unlikely to happen in tourist areas. Maybe if you work in BKK and spend long enough to establish mutual, respective relationships,...

..but the 'nice' Thai girls want nothing to do with most westerners.... and the 'nasty' Thai girls are the ones who act the sweetest.

It's just my own personal experience, but after 3 years in Thailand, I hadn't 'dated' a local girl. A few months in Philippines and I am dating a lovely, intelligent girl with more initials after her name than a split can of alphabet spaghetti :rofl3:

I think you should rephrase that.

"The depth of some Thai girl's friendliness is entirely proportional to the thickness of your wallet."

Saying that all Thai girls just want your money is simply not true.

Something going wrong here, we have been agreeing on most things for some time now??
When I said about girls being friendly I wasn't even refering to the bar scene, just the general friendly smiley manner that the girls in Thailand have.
The last few posts really demonstrate how thick and ignorant some people really can be.

Yep, I know... I lived there.

I wasn't just talking about 'bar girls'... but to meet a genuine, professional, local girl.... unlikely to happen in tourist areas. Maybe if you work in BKK and spend long enough to establish mutual, respective relationships,...

..but the 'nice' Thai girls want nothing to do with most westerners.... and the 'nasty' Thai girls are the ones who act the sweetest.

It's just my own personal experience, but after 3 years in Thailand, I hadn't 'dated' a local girl. A few months in Philippines and I am dating a lovely, intelligent girl with more initials after her name than a split can of alphabet spaghetti :rofl3:

You really are so shallow in your opinion here.
Are all non proffesional people not genuine?
Do all nice 'proffesional' Thais live in bangkok??
I was not refering to having relationships, Just the friendly manner of a group of people, What in your mind defines nice? Because you quite obviously spent your entire 3 years in Thailand underwater or in beer bars, or you went around with your eyes shut.
I hope you are very happy in your new relationship for a long time to come, but letters after someones name does not make them a nice person.
Not only refering now to Thai/Phils. Throughout my life, travelling the world extensively for pleasure and business, some of the most genuine, friendly, honest and generous people I have met are the ones who themselves have very little.
Just as a closing comment, going back to the Thai bar scene that you brought into the conversation, a large element of these girls are from poor rural communities and are doing what they do out of necessity to support their familly, not through choice. If you take time to actually get to know them, as I have done in bars where I go to drink most are really very nice people.
Yes their job is to take as much money from tourists as possible for the least possible effort. If you still work in diving? Are the principles behind your job not exactly the same??

When I said about girls being friendly I wasn't even refering to the bar scene, just the general friendly smiley manner that the girls in Thailand have.
The last few posts really demonstrate how thick and ignorant some people really can be.

I was not referring to your post LK.
I was referring to DevonDiver's post about Thai girls.

Smiling seems pretty common-place in most Asian countries?!?

..and my comment was relevant to Thai girls...because most visitors to the country will, at some point, come into contact with bar girls (whether as a customer or not).

Back
Top Bottom