Thailand or Philippines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You made a ridiculous generalisation about 2 different races of people that is certainly not true.

Followed by...

I have not made any generalisation about any race, please read what I have written.

I'm sorry, this is just TOO easy!!!
So, which races were you arguing about again? The Philippine race vs. the Thai race? That's what the argument was right? RACE? Because, I only made it through university (did they give me letters after my name.... can't remember), but we were taught that both of those COUNTRIES were of the same RACE. In fact, originally, they were known as "the Mongoloid Race"... that didn't sound so nice. We can call them Asians, I guess. Or SE Asians. Either way Thailand and the Philippines are countries populated by various races/ethnicities. Open your eyes and look around at all that color (colour :) ) out there

And then you went on to comment about another two COUNTRIES. The UK and the US. I think the only thing we agree on today is:
1) the previous US administration was ignorant and narrow-minded.

By the way? Didn't I see you and Donald Rumsfeld playing golf last week?

I am only voicing my personal observations.

I'm pretty sure that's what Devon was doing too... right or wrong. I may agree or may not, you may agree or may not, but you chose to take up the sword and argue. Then you went on, in typical fashion, to mock yourself by falling into the same trap.

When Devon compares people it's ignorant generalizations. When you do it it's personal observations....

But I wouldnt be so stupid as to think this applies to an entire race of people, if you dig deep enough, no doubt there are some nice Americans. Even those without letters after their name!

Which race are we talking about again? Caucasian... I would hope you dig deep enough you find one nice Caucasian left in the world.

I have no idea what race you are, by the way. Nor does it matter to me. I do know that if you honestly think you have to DIG DEEP to find a nice American, or nice ANYBODY, it speaks volumes about where you're looking and who you are.

I think they're all hiding under a blanket when you walk by...

When I compare people... in this case Filipino and Thai... I do so in very particular circumstances...and it is based on my observations of the two very different cultures.

Would it be more ignorant to assume that all Asian people were alike?

One country is a Christian, English Speaking, Previously Colonised Presidential Democracy.

The other is a Buddhist, Native Speaking, Never Colonised, Monarcy.

Besides which.... my post is on a forum and thread dealing with Travel/Holiday issues. It was an observation that would/may affect holiday visitors to the respective countries. IT WAS NOT a wide-ranging academic summary of population behaviours.

When I compare people... in this case Filipino and Thai... I do so in very particular circumstances...and it is based on my observations of the two very different cultures.

Would it be more ignorant to assume that all Asian people were alike?

One country is a Christian, English Speaking, Previously Colonised Presidential Democracy.

The other is a Buddhist, Native Speaking, Never Colonised, Monarcy.

Besides which.... my post is on a forum and thread dealing with Travel/Holiday issues. It was an observation that would/may affect holiday visitors to the respective countries. IT WAS NOT a wide-ranging academic summary of population behaviours.

The following points you made that sparked this turn to the discussion dont look like observations to me they look like 2 specific and concise statements, and one observation.
And the 2 statements are certainly anything but true.

LK obviously hasn't met many Filipino girls.

The depth of a Thai girl's friendliness is entirely proportional to the thickness of your wallet.

Not so with Filipino girls. Filipino's are, in my experience, far more genuine and hospitable.

I appologise to all those that are offended by me disagreeing with these 2 wildly inacurate statements.

Alright guys...that's enough. All people are created equal and no need to dicuss any further. (Thanks BigJeff for speaking up!)

If anyone has anything to add about my ORIGINAL post asking about Thailand or the Philippines (the country and the diving), I would greatly appreciate the feedback.

If you want to go on and on bashing each other about who is better, have fun somewhere else, please. Thank you to those of you who provided me helpful informaton in the beginning of the post.

Hi Jill,
If you decide to go to Palawan I would higly recommend you to book the flights in advance. It is not particularly more expensive than sailing and you avoid some scary oversea trips in way to small boats.
I can by the way highly reccomend southern Leyte. I was not to impressed with Malapasqua, but we also had bad weather and didnt see the tresher sharks.

Enjoy

Claes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom