Texas Swampsters Do Dinner Saturday, Aug 18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TexasMike

Contributor
Reaction score
  • If you can't join us underwater, how about joining us for dinner?
If you are in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area (or just happen to be in the area), and enjoy diving, please join our motley band of Texas Swamp Divers for dinner this Saturday, Aug. 18th, 7:00pm, at the Olive Garden restaurant near the AMC Grand movie theater at I-35E and Loop 12 (click here for a map from MapQuest).

Divers of all experiences are encouraged to join us. We promise we won't bite unless asked. And who knows, you just might enjoy yourself!

When you show up, ask the hostess for either Mike Farlow (me) or the Swamp Divers.

Come meet me, Texass, Zagnut & Zagnette, Tom & Michelle Vyles, Corsair & Lynnette, Tabatha Meyers, BetterLateThannever, and several other ScubaBoard members.

We hope you can join us!!!

Hey Mike,

What's up with the 2 different dates? 18th or 25th? Can't decide? Little calendar confusion?

hehe

Just checking.

Cheers,

I think we have 2 events being mixed and mingled.

I believe the dinner (which I cannot make) is on the 18th, while the Swamp Dive con Iguana Don is scheduled for the 25th.

Location for the 25th dive day is still being debated. Definitely either Clear Springs Terrell or Athens Scuba Park.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

You're correct...bad typing...and not reading what i posted....thanks for catching...I will edit

Hey Jim, if the 8/25 dive day is at Athens, let me know. I might be able to come up. I originally planned for Labor Day weekend, but I can adjust it. :)

Dinner: Saturday the 18th (This comming saturday)

Dive: Saturday the 25th Athens or Terrell.

Tom

Mitch,

If you check the Athens website ( http://www.athensscubapark.com ) there are lots of things going on that day including their luau, catered dinner, u/w treasure hunt for gear and much more.

Our dive was originally planned for the Terrell quarry, but I'm polling our group to see if they would be okay with a change to Athens. While I like the depth that Terrell brings, Athens has more surface support items, u/w attractions, and warmer water.

We would love to have you join us if you can make it.

--Mike

Hey Mike, thanks for letting me know. I knew that Athens has things planned for that day and it sounds it will be fun. I had originally planned to come up Labor Day weekend and was going to check with y'all if you were too. However, if you and your bunch will be there on the 25th, then I will plan to join you then. Just let me know either way. Thanks! :)

I'd love to join y'all....Could you move dinner a little north. Say a little north of Lake Ontario?

Have a great dinner. I'll hoist one with you in spirit!

Actually, Uncle Ontie, I do one day want to come dive the Great Lakes areas and see the wrecks you have up there. I'll keep ya in mind when I head up that way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom