Texas Swamp Dive Team Does Athens Scuba Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rental prices at Athens Scuba Park are pretty high! I didn't check into gear but, tank rentals are $15 per tank. I would imagine gear rental would be high as well. My wife and I went there with TexasMike. We had our own gear and ended up spending $80 (Entrance fee - $25 ea. ; Tank rental - $15 ea.) I can get tanks at my LDS for $5. I would suggest borrowing some gear from a friend or renting your gear and a tank from your LDS and lugging it up there with you(if you're driving). Your LDS will probably have better rates. You can get tank refills at the Athens Scuba Park. The money you save on equipment rental, you can use to buy more beer :) ! Y'all have a good time!...I'll tip one back in y'all's honor from the beaches of Belize!..:tree:

My old instructor came up with a regulator and a buddy of mine on the Fire Dept. Dive Team is gonna let me use his b.c...looks like it may be a go...improvise, adapt, and overcome...

Hey Pete,

Don't know about perverted, but definitely busy. Gets kind of crowded at Athens. :)

Amergris Caye?...I wanna go...I wanna go...Can I hide in your suitcase?..oh, forgot about the strong X-ray machines...would gimme cancer...lol...have a great time...and thanks for the heads up on the rental prices...didnt check last time was there...even had full tank so only paid park fee...

With regards to the Athens park fee ($25/person/day/occurance), for next season you should invstigate obtaining a season pass. Normally is $250, but if you are a member of the Scubadillos, you can get it for $100

But if I'm gonna spend more than $50 for diving I'm putting it toward Coz. trip...got deal this year for short trip of 4 days 3 nites air-hotel for $341...but need new fridge...oh well...start saving for next year; first time I've missed Coz. trip in several years...

Is it too late to get in on this.
I just found out that I have Saturday off. Got all my equipment except for a tank. (I can get one here tomorrow)
Are there any hotels in the area?
How far is it from Houston?

Thanks,
Frank

And there's a motel jus a little bit away, same block I think, or was when I was there about 3 years ago...but can't remember the name...will call the park tomorrow...# I have for the park is 903-675-5762...if it's still a good #...

At the glorious Casa Del Mar...lol...not El Presidente but at least ya would be there...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom