Texas Swamp Diving Team's 1st Annual Halloween Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Des! Thought you fell off of the earth (again).

Glad you can make it....

Okay all of these cool people are going, so now I want to go and meet you all. What are the odds of changing the location to where I will be!

Come on Mike you are single, you can pick up the airfair for everyone and we can all spend Halloween in St. Thomas where you can see the hand of your dive buddy in front of his/her face from 100 feet!

Then I would get to meet more of you guys!

BTW: Going to Clear Springs this Saturday. If any of you go there stop by and say hello. I will be on the east side of the lake just down from the refil station driving a maroon Tahoe with a white awning set up behind it!

I believe the wife and I would like to tag along. We've kinda been thinking about it. We were actually looking into getting AOW certified this month. The dives were to be at Lake Travis and we didn't know if we could make it down there twice this month. Then I reread your first post in this thread and I see Ron will be working with people who want to get their AOW certifications. That might work out well for us seein' as how we won't be able to do it when we originally planned. Also, we are scheduled to take our nitrox class next week to get nitrox certified. It's shaping up to be a busy month for both of us. This way we would be able to make the swampdive and get AOW certified. I will run it by Kathleen and then give you a call in the next couple of days to find out the details and let you know for sure.

Zag...

Unfortuneately, Ron cannot make it due to scheduling conflicts. I've checked with some other instructor friends, but they are all booked as well. So unfortunately, we won't be able to accomodate combining certification dives with this trip.

But that just means that we want you to come down with us for some fun anyhow!!!

Here is some additional info on the Halloween dive:

T-shirts with the NDI Texas Swamp Diving Team Logo will be available for sale during the dive Prices are:
  • $13.00 for M, L, XL sizes
    $15.00 for 2X
    $17.00 for 3X
If you cannot make the dive, they will be available for purchase online after we get back

Ron Carlo, the instructor, cannot make the trip due to scheduling conflicts. So no instruction or check out dives will be done.

Lodging: Several of us have booked hotel rooms at the Mariott Courtyard at HWY 183 & Mopac. I have the contact information if you wish to stay there. Several others are camping. Contact Dee or ScubaTexasTony for info on camping. If you would like a roommate for the hotel, post your query on the Swampster Board (See link in my signature line)

The Great Pumkin has been contacted and he will be hiding little bitty pumkins in the water that will earn divers some treasure.

Night Dive! Several of us will be doing a night dive on Friday night. You are more than welcome to join us if desire!

Things to bring:
  • Your Scuba gear
  • Wetsuit thick enough for cooler waters (especially if you join me in the deep end of the pool)
  • Dive light (primary and secondaries if you are doing the night dive with us. Plus a tank light)
  • Tarp
  • Chair(s)
  • Warm clothing for surface intervals
  • Willingness to have a great time!

If you have any questions, please be sure to email me.

I'm definitely coming, but alone. I got hotel reservations through priceline.com at the Amerisuites near 183 & Mopac for $36 a night. Pretty good huh?

Due to my huhmmn...less than tall stature...I could not find an off the rack wetsuit, so I'm getting a custom. Quite pricey, but it should be worth it. I can't wait to try it! I may need some help figuring the amount of weight to wear. And, I need a buddy.
See ya there!

I'll buddy with ya if Michelle isn't diving. She may choose to stay warm and go see a long time childhood friend and dive Sunday. Weighting can easily be worked out too.

Tom

You need a buddy, I'm there, there are and will be plenty of buddies.

I have heard that TexasMike is doing a kissing booth , but you didn't hear that from me. Can't wait to see the look on his face when he sees Beast in the line!

ID

I won't have a buddy either, because mine will be out of town on business. I think there will be enough singletons around to buddy up with ... or we could be really "kinky" and have a trio.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom