Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service?

Teric owners, have you required repair or replacemant service?

• No

Votes: 82 45.3%
  • Yes, repair

Votes: 35 19.3%
  • Yes, replacement

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Yes, multiple repair and/or replacement

Votes: 38 21.0%
  • Other, see post

Votes: 10 5.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just grabbed a second one as well. My first one has been back once for battery replacement and has been fine since then. I haven't bought anything from Silent Explorers recently, but bought a bunch of stuff a few years ago and Ron was always great to deal with. Thanks for posting the link/sale.

Just grabbed a second one as well. My first one has been back once for battery replacement and has been fine since then. I haven't bought anything from Silent Explorers recently, but bought a bunch of stuff a few years ago and Ron was always great to deal with. Thanks for posting the link/sale.
Nice, I think one Teric left

Great find - I think I just bought the last one! I've been looking for a Teric for awhile and $695 was too hard to pass up...even if I had to get the ugly bronze bezel :D
Yeah, my Teric in "basic black" arrived this morning and I have been futzing with it for a while.

Apparently I can hang up my fins -- the damn thing will just about do the diving for me . . .

Wow! $705 shipped for a Perdix 2… I don’t need another computer, but at that price, it’s real tempting.

I thought I would describe issues we have had with our Terics. we absolutely love the watches as well as the brilliant support from Shearwater when there are issues. Being out of the states, getting service is difficult, time consuming, and expensive (shipping), the few exchanges we have had authorized are always appreciated.

First, my DPFL and I live on the island of Bonaire and dive (recreationally, not professionally) 3-5 days per week, usually 2 dives per day, year round. We both have over 1000 dives on island alone. All dives are OC, Recreational, above 120’, 99.9% with 32%. Most average about 90minutes.

We got our first watches in 2018 when they first became available. I am on my forth piece of hardware and she is on her fifth.

Problems have included the following:

• the sudden appearance of a burned in LCD in colors and with dive information not from any dive possible that appeared after about 6mos of use.
  • multiple battery issues where watches will loose 10-20% per day when turned off and not being dived, this has continued even with new watches/batteries after the first 2-4 months of use.
  • one watch that must have flooded as the display just started flashing crazy information, depths, times, decos, etc … the next day it wouldn’t even turn on.
  • the calibration of the compass going off by 10-30-50 or more degrees, sometimes in the middle of a dive. Once on the surface and the compass is recalibrated, it will happen again within a few days or a week at most. This is happening again now, after a 2022 mid-year circuit board replacement.
  • AI receiver antenna within the watch failed.
I hope this information is somehow collated and seen by Shearwater to help improve the quality of this piece of gear.

Back
Top Bottom