Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service?

Teric owners, have you required repair or replacemant service?

• No

Votes: 82 45.3%
  • Yes, repair

Votes: 35 19.3%
  • Yes, replacement

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Yes, multiple repair and/or replacement

Votes: 38 21.0%
  • Other, see post

Votes: 10 5.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My 3rd battery replacement is doing well after 2 big trips (74 dives) over the last 6 months so hopeful it’s fixed for good. However, If I had 6 failures, I think I’d be bailing on my Teric. I have had no issues at all with the Perdix computers.
Shearwater offered to replace my Teric with a Perdix 2 the last time around, but I stuck with the Teric for a number of reasons. If it weren't for the fantastic service and very nice people at Dive-Tronix, I would have bailed a while ago. Don't you think I will get a perfect Teric one of these days? Forty five percent of poll respondents have not required any repair or replacement. If I am unlucky, I could switch to a Perdix 2 next time around, I hope it does not come down to that.

So, I was hoping not to be an active participant in this thread again, but it was not to be.

I set up my 6th Teric but have not been able to dive it yet. I noticed that each time I turned the computer off, either from the watch or dive mode, the entire screen would momentarily light up before going dark. The light looks like the flashlight mode in watch tools, perhaps a little brighter, a short burst.

I contacted my friends at Dive-Tronix. Michele got back to me that they had not seen this previously and that she would contact Shearwater for advice. I don't know whether Shearwater has seen this before or not. Shearwater recommended replacement of the computer and investigation of the problem.

My 7th Teric is in the mail today and I will send the 6th back to Dive-Tronix as soon as I receive the prepaid mailing box. I sure am adept at setting up my Teric and applying the screensaver with all my practice.

So, now I'm hoping the seventh time will be the charm.
Perhaps it is not a such a great mystery why Silent Explorers will no longer be carrying Shearwater products and is currently having a serious fire sale on all of the in-stock computers -- anywhere from US 200 to 600.00 off.

I recently rolled the dice on a Teric at a 500.00 discount; at such a lower price point, I was a bit more willing to deal with any potential headaches down the line -- and they even threw in a Shearwater toque, eh . . .

So, I was hoping not to be an active participant in this thread again, but it was not to be.

I set up my 6th Teric but have not been able to dive it yet. I noticed that each time I turned the computer off, either from the watch or dive mode, the entire screen would momentarily light up before going dark. The light looks like the flashlight mode in watch tools, perhaps a little brighter, a short burst.

I contacted my friends at Dive-Tronix. Michele got back to me that they had not seen this previously and that she would contact Shearwater for advice. I don't know whether Shearwater has seen this before or not. Shearwater recommended replacement of the computer and investigation of the problem.

My 7th Teric is in the mail today and I will send the 6th back to Dive-Tronix as soon as I receive the prepaid mailing box. I sure am adept at setting up my Teric and applying the screensaver with all my practice.

So, now I'm hoping the seventh time will be the charm.

Dang. It sure seems like the Teric may be suffering from fundamental design flaws. It is hard to find an explanation otherwise. My experience with my Petrels (owned 2 that I've since sold), Perdix AI and Peregrine have been exceptional. Not a single issue in over a decade of regular use.

I have become interested in the Teric due to the benefits many have documented, but I won't pull the trigger with all of the issues many have had, some over and over and over again like yourself. I will stick with my Perdix AI and Peregrine for now and may eventually get the Perdix 2 and sell my Peregrine.

Perhaps it is not a such a great mystery why www.Silentexplorers.com will no longer be carrying Shearwater products and is currently having a serious fire sale on all of the in-stock computers -- anywhere from US 200 to 600.00 off.

I recently rolled the dice on a Teric at a 500.00 discount; at that price point, I was a bit more willing to deal with any potential headaches down the line -- and they even threw in a Shearwater toque, eh . . .

Seems like a bit of an over reaction to stop carrying all shearwater products.

Seems like a bit of an over reaction to stop carrying all shearwater products.
Aside from just having a closeout sale, no other reason was given . . .

Perhaps it is not a such a great mystery why Silent Explorers will no longer be carrying Shearwater products and is currently having a serious fire sale on all of the in-stock computers -- anywhere from US 200 to 600.00 off.

I recently rolled the dice on a Teric at a 500.00 discount; at such a lower price point, I was a bit more willing to deal with any potential headaches down the line -- and they even threw in a Shearwater toque, eh . . .
For $500 off I had to try a Teric. Thanks for that link.

I picked one up to back up perdix 2, wonder if a new Teric is on the way based on discount

The sale is for $895. Amazon sells it for $1150. Therefore the discount is $255, not $500.

Back
Top Bottom