Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service?

Teric owners, have you required repair or replacemant service?

• No

Votes: 82 45.3%
  • Yes, repair

Votes: 35 19.3%
  • Yes, replacement

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Yes, multiple repair and/or replacement

Votes: 38 21.0%
  • Other, see post

Votes: 10 5.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Even my worst one would not interfere with a dive trip, it would just require charging every day after 5 dives, my latest (more than a year, maybe two) has no daily not in use noticeable drain.
In addition to the 2 bad batteries, I had a black screen that required repair and 2 AI antenna failures, requiring replacement (the antenna is attached to the circuit board at the factory and cannot be repaired). The black screen made the computer worthless. The 2 AI failures just lost gas monitoring. I have another AI computer running off the same transmitter and have a SPG.

I have never lost part of a dive, a dive, or a series of dives because of a computer or transmitter problem. I started diving a computer in 2002 with an Oceanic Pro Plus 2 hosed AI. I started diving a backup computer in 2005 with a Cochran EMC-14. I switched to an Oceanic VT3 hoseless AI primary computer in 2010 and changed backup to an Oceanic Geo 2, along with adding a SPG. In 2016, I changed the backup to a Dive Rite Nitek Q because I wanted to learn Buhlmann with GFs. I changed the backup/2nd computer to the Shearwater Teric in 2019. The 2010 Oceanic VT3 is still going strong, 1743 dives/1842 hours. Since 2010, I have used a backup computer or SPG on 17 dives, 0.98%

I have been tracking my charges and storage. I have Quick Charge turned off in both of mine. Both of mine have had batteries (or more) replaced twice each. Or more? I can't remember now.

I have never lost AI, the screen, or missed any dives because of my Terics.

But, it appears they both need new batteries again.

On my Teric 1:
12/14/21 - charged to 100%.
1/27/22 - charge was 26%. Had not been used. Was off, with AI and compass Off. Charged to 100%.
3/9 - charge was 32%. Had not been used. Was off, with AI and compass Off. Charged to 100%.
4/13 - charge was 38%. Had not been used. Was off, with AI and compass Off. Charged to 100%.
5/24 - charge was 32%. Had not been used. Was off, with AI and compass Off. Charged to 100%.
6/23 - charge was 44%. Had not been used. Was off, with AI and compass Off. Charged to 100%. Showing a Surface Interval of 199 days (demonstrating it has not been used in all that time).

On my Teric 2 (the one I have been using):
2/13/22 - charged to 100%.
3/9 - charge was 40%. Had not been used. Was off, with AI and compass Off. Charged to 100%.
4/13 - charged to 100%.
5/24 - charge was 20%. Had not been used. Was off, with AI and compass Off. Charged to 100%.
6/23 - charged was 36%. Had not been used. Was off, with AI and compass Off. Charged to 100%. Showing a SI of 62 days.

I have known I need to send them for batteries for a while, but just haven't made time to do it, and since they do work and don't prevent me from diving, it has been tough to get motivated for another round of shipping, etc...

Today I just started my 6-week dive vacation in Bali, Indonesia and the Teric showed error message with Temperature showing 272 C, as shown below:

C3146124-EA61-4D60-8108-87565366EF30.jpeg

Have anyone experienced such ERROR message?

Oh well. Time to send it back to Dive-Tronix.

Hi @Dan

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having with your Teric. I have not heard of this problem before, perhaps others will comment. Please let us know what you hear back about this.

Michelle at Dive-Tronix replied that my Teric depth gauge is caput. They’ll send me a loaner Teric while mine is being repaired.

I’ll be leading 2 dive trip groups (Group 1 to Komodo & Group 2 to Sangalaki). She’ll send a loaner Teric to one of my buddies from Group 2, that is still in USA (not leaving USA until August 6).

My brother, who is in Group 1, is going home to USA on August 8. He’ll be bringing my broken Teric back to USA and sending it to Dive-Tronix.

Meanwhile I’ll be using a loaner dive computer here in Bali for the rest of Komodo trip. Hopefully I’ll have a chance to use the loaner Teric on my Sangalaki trip.

My primary Teric is showing high drain again. I forget how many times this is now, probably a half a dozen on that computer alone.

TBH I am seriously considering asking if I can just pay an upgrade fee and get a Petrel 3, as it has the AMOLED screen that made me want the Teric over the Perdix. The biggest issue is that I like the compass ticker on the Teric, and I greatly prefer the four button interface.

I'm sure, like most of you, I hope that Shearwater has been able to take care of the various issues requiring service. I'm still fine with my 5th Teric, hope it continues.

Well against better judgement I bought one recently, seems fine. I really like using it! And hope for the best

I am losing 2% a week or so while tuned off. No idea if this is good or bad. Was at 82% when shut down at 74% now

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom