Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service?

Teric owners, have you required repair or replacemant service?

• No

Votes: 82 45.3%
  • Yes, repair

Votes: 35 19.3%
  • Yes, replacement

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Yes, multiple repair and/or replacement

Votes: 38 21.0%
  • Other, see post

Votes: 10 5.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The charging arrangement is the issue with these things. No other inductively charged device I have gets as hot as my Teric, blistering hot, every time I charge it. Heat is destroying batteries and the innards of these computers.

Sounds like it may lack the thermal regulation built into most Qi devices.

I hope that @Shearwater follows this thread, I don't think they have ever replied. This heat related pressure sensor problem is new to me, I'd like to hear more about it. It would also be great to get an update on the batteries. Not sure yet, but I may be having my 3rd battery problem, in a computer I received in January 2022

I hope that @Shearwater follows this thread, I don't think they have ever replied. This heat related pressure sensor problem is new to me, I'd like to hear more about it. It would also be great to get an update on the batteries. Not sure yet, but I may be having my 3rd battery problem, in a computer I received in January 2002

I hope 2002 was a typo! 😉

8-9 months is pretty much right on schedule.

I hope that @Shearwater follows this thread, I don't think they have ever replied. This heat related pressure sensor problem is new to me, I'd like to hear more about it. It would also be great to get an update on the batteries. Not sure yet, but I may be having my 3rd battery problem, in a computer I received in January 2022
I received my repaired Teric, including 2 new screen protectors yesterday. Dive-Tronix replaced and installed bezel screws (6), chassis o-ring, depth sensor (DS), DS o-rings & extender, DS foil and new battery for good measure.

After seeing parts of the DS melted, I become more cautious (paranoid?) for exposing it under elevated temperature (wearing it as a watch in a hot sunny day or while taking a hot shower, etc.).

Has anyone experienced similar DS problem for any of Shearwater DC (Teric, Peregrine, Perdix)?

I just changed my vote from repair to multiple repairs.

I received my repaired Teric, including 2 new screen protectors yesterday. Dive-Tronix replaced and installed bezel screws (6), chassis o-ring, depth sensor (DS), DS o-rings & extender, DS foil and new battery for good measure.

After seeing parts of the DS melted, I become more cautious (paranoid?) for exposing it under elevated temperature (wearing it as a watch in a hot sunny day or while taking a hot shower, etc.).

Has anyone experienced similar DS problem for any of Shearwater DC (Teric, Peregrine, Perdix)?

I just changed my vote from repair to multiple repairs.
I haven’t had any issues and it doesn’t get hot while charging and holds a charge, I am selling to get the perdix 2 to see the compass better in murky water. I have noticed newer electronics like mu iPhone and such get really hot in the sun and also will,shut down due to heat. I wonder if the newer batteries are really sensitive sun created heat.

If it got hot enough to internally melt stuff while wearing it, your arm would also be scorched!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom