Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service?

Teric owners, have you required repair or replacemant service?

• No

Votes: 82 45.3%
  • Yes, repair

Votes: 35 19.3%
  • Yes, replacement

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Yes, multiple repair and/or replacement

Votes: 38 21.0%
  • Other, see post

Votes: 10 5.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just came back from Malpelo with @scubadada

I charged it up to 100% and turned it off after the last dive. Here’s what it shows today (below), 74% charge after 4 days (6.5% discharge / day). Should I send it out for battery replacement?

View attachment 795139
Hi @Dan

The Shearwater spec is <92% at 48 hour. Seems like you are likely to make that.

As the Teric Turns....

Shearwater should start providing a dozen postage paid return shipping labels to Dive-tronix when they sell new units.

I find it crazy that this issue is still not fully resolved. Yes, Shearwater continues to stand behind these, but it's got to be costing them a fortune. This has to be a design flaw of some sort.

That’s a lot of loss for 4 days, bump it to 100 again and see what happens over another 4 days.
It’s easy to do that. Thanks for your suggestion!

I'll report back by Thursday @6:30PM Central Time (48 hours after full charge & set it in off mode).

I just came back from Malpelo with @scubadada

I charged it up to 100% and turned it off after the last dive. Here’s what it shows today (below), 74% charge after 4 days (6.5% discharge / day). Should I send it out for battery replacement?

View attachment 795139
That is definitely pretty high idle discharge! No doubt Shearwater has some serious battery issues with Terics!

I’m on my 3rd battery - replaced last March (2022). It did fine for my Fiji and Raja Ampat trips and a few Aruba trips since then, but I noticed it seemed to have drained a bit faster than expected in storage after my April Aruba trip so I charged it and kept an eye on it to see what drain was looking like.

I charged it back up to 100% on 6/26 and it was down to 56% on 7/24 - so lost ~1.6%/day. I then turned off the AI and compass and it was down to 48% today - so ~1%/day in the last 8 days. That level of drain is OK with me and I’m not bothered even if I have to charge it nightly on a trip.

Good luck with yours - I’m sure they’ll do right by you, but it does start to get old after multiple replacements. It’s a great dive computer otherwise!

I'll report back by Thursday @6:30PM Central Time (48 hours after full charge & set it in off mode).

If you want to do it strictly by the book, go into your settings and make sure the Compass if Off and the AI is Off, too.

I don't understand why those would make any difference when the Teric is off and not underwater, but Shearwater insisted that those things needed to be set to off when testing the stored-unit battery drain.

If you want to do it strictly by the book, go into your settings and make sure the Compass if Off and the AI is Off, too.

I don't understand why those would make any difference when the Teric is off and not underwater, but Shearwater insisted that those things needed to be set to off when testing the stored-unit battery drain.
I confirm that the battery drain is indeed larger when compass and AI are on.

Back
Top Bottom