Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service?

Teric owners, have you required repair or replacemant service?

• No

Votes: 82 45.6%
  • Yes, repair

Votes: 34 18.9%
  • Yes, replacement

Votes: 16 8.9%
  • Yes, multiple repair and/or replacement

Votes: 38 21.1%
  • Other, see post

Votes: 10 5.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just shelled out some hard earned money in an effort to upgrade from my Zoop Novo to a Shearwater Teric w/transmitter. The transmitter was on B/O for the past few weeks, so that was only slightly concerning. Once I got the computer (last night) charged and turned it on, there was a vertical line down the right side on the screen?? Rebooted the unit to no avail. I have no confidence in this unit as is, I'll need to get an RMA to return it. What an epic letdown.

Attachments

• IMG_6134.jpeg
    IMG_6134.jpeg
    52.9 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_6136.jpeg
    IMG_6136.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 105
Just shelled out some hard earned money in an effort to upgrade from my Zoop Novo to a Shearwater Teric w/transmitter. The transmitter was on B/O for the past few weeks, so that was only slightly concerning. Once I got the computer (last night) charged and turned it on, there was a vertical line down the right side on the screen?? Rebooted the unit to no avail. I have no confidence in this unit as is, I'll need to get an RMA to return it. What an epic letdown.
Just contact sherwater and they will replace it

What a bummer. Sorry to see that.

What a bummer. Sorry to see that.

No doubt Shearwater will replace this unit right away, just feels like the air has been let out of my balloon. I've been looking forward to upgrading to this unit for some time now, only to have my 1st impression come in underwhelming. Hopefully the performance will erase these initial memories.....

No doubt Shearwater will replace this unit right away, just feels like the air has been let out of my balloon. I've been looking forward to upgrading to this unit for some time now, only to have my 1st impression come in underwhelming. Hopefully the performance will erase these initial memories.....
Did you mail order it or buy from a brick and mortar? Either way they will likely mail a new one as soon as you contact them.

For the record, after sending both my Terics back for having batteries that ran down too quickly, I have been testing them.

I charged them up to full 1 month ago. I dived one last weekend, so it doesn't count (though it was still at 90-something percent charge). I dived the other one yesterday, after sitting for 1 month (with AI turned on in the Settings - not that that matters). It was at 88% charge when I turned it on.

I am very happy with them both now.

Did you mail order it or buy from a brick and mortar? Either way they will likely mail a new one as soon as you contact them.

I bought it thru my LDS and I've just received a confirmation that my replacement shipped from Shearwater. I'm looking forward to familiarizing myself with the Teric's functions.

My Teric depth sensor broke during a dive, after approx 1 year old. It was promptly repaired by the NZ service center within a few days of reception. However the total turnaround time including postage was almost 2 months, owing to Christmas season. With the popularity of their computers in this region I think it won't be long before they appoint or open another service center in APAC.

Here's my dive logs from when it broke - just shy of Ahmed Gabr's world record
upload_2020-8-17_15-19-20.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom