Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service?

Teric owners, have you required repair or replacemant service?

• No

Votes: 82 45.6%
  • Yes, repair

Votes: 34 18.9%
  • Yes, replacement

Votes: 16 8.9%
  • Yes, multiple repair and/or replacement

Votes: 38 21.1%
  • Other, see post

Votes: 10 5.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

in theory there should be several hundred Teric divers on SB ... anymore votes? :)

Faulty depth sensor when new, replaced promptly, no issues since then.

I got my Teric back after its second battery issue.
Seems to work fine now.
Again, wonderful service/interactions with Dive-Tronix.

[SARCASM] Maybe the service is so good because they get so much practice? [/SARCASM]

So, only 46 responses, I would have thought there were far more Teric owners on SB than that.

It's difficult for me to believe that 40% of Terics have required service, but that's what the poll shows. It may be that owners with problems are more likely to respond than those without problems.

If you are a Teric owner who has not responded, please consider participating

The Teric has been a bit of a problem child for Shearwater, at the very least they've had a bad batch of batteries. And possibly they have a firmware/hardware issue where the compass and AI refuses to turn off while in watch mode.

Now their service has been excellent. When I sent my primary in, they had it back within a week of shipping (literally was fixed and shipped back within hours). When my back up went in, Richard wanted to hold on to it to talk to Shearwater so they sent a loaner. When my primary had the issue a second time they sent me a brand new replacement.

The Teric has been a bit of a problem child for Shearwater, at the very least they've had a bad batch of batteries. And possibly they have a firmware/hardware issue where the compass and AI refuses to turn off while in watch mode.

Now their service has been excellent. When I sent my primary in, they had it back within a week of shipping (literally was fixed and shipped back within hours). When my back up went in, Richard wanted to hold on to it to talk to Shearwater so they sent a loaner. When my primary had the issue a second time they sent me a brand new replacement.
Yes, I received absolutely fantastic service also A tale of two services, Shearwater and Oceanic/Huish

I chose "Other" because I am sending in a Teric, but not because I "require" repair or replacement, as the poll asks.

I'm sending it in because the battery doesn't hold a charge when stored, like it should. But, it does hold the charge for numerous days. It's completely usable for a dive trip. If I didn't have a second Teric to compare it to (by charging them both and then comparing the charge level after they sit for a few days) I would not even be sure there was a problem. I would most likely carry on using it and think the way it works is "normal".

I went with other. While I didn't have a problem with the Teric itself, the charging cradle was defective. I sent an email to Shearwater and within 2 days I had received a new cradle, along with a dry bag and some stickers. I did appreciate the fact that the replacement was so fast, although i didn't need it. the Teric was at 80somthing% so it didn't hinder any diving plans. Also i could have used my wireless pad to charge if need be.

I don't own a Teric, but I have several dive buddies that do, and none have had trouble. I think a thread like this will skew the numbers, because more divers that have had problems will vote than the ones who haven't. Makes it look like there are a lot of problems with the Teric.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom