Tenneco Towers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like we have us a dive for Saturday. Tenneco is always fun.

Marc, sorry to hear you won't be able to join us but I'm sure you're enjoyin the friged Minnesota lakes. :wink: Email me when you're going to be intown and maybe we can get together for a dive. I have weekends off now so I actually have a life for once.

EAN 32 will work just fine for either tower. If you're not comfortable approaching the 1.4 PO2 mark then you can stay a little shallower and be just fine.

See everyone Saturday morning.

So, how did it go?

We got rolled around a lot with 2-4 foot seas, building into 4-6 towards noon up in WPB. Cancelled the afternoon dive. SIGH

Was wondering if you guys faired any better?

Lee

Todd called at 9 am and cancelled, reporting seas at over 3-5 and building......definitely for the best.

With a free day on our hands, Scott and I hit the sidewalk sale at Force-E, where I picked up a few odds and ends and he grabbed a brand new Pelican case (or something similar). Who did we run into but diver-doh, shopping around as well. We got a trip report from the morning dives from him, and he was off to the Murphy's for some SI time.
We also headed up the road to the new Brownie's for a gander. Interestingly, they carry equally as much recreational gear as they do tech......guess WPB doesn't offer enough tech diving to warrant a full tech shop. Good clean shop, though my biggest complaint is that they seem to label some of their gear (generally the tech stuff) with the prices, but do not label others. I don't like being expected to ask or haggle over the price of gear. I'd go to E-bay if I felt like doing that, ya know?
Additionally, nowhere do they post the cost of fills, and since the clerk wasn't feeling so friendly, I didn't figure I'd be changing my loyalty anytime soon.

So, Tenneco will be saved for another day....sigh.

KBeck,

We gotta talk - where is Brownies? What is Brownies (yeah, I know.... )?

We (SCUBACAT04 and myself) went to Force E as well - we must have just missed you! Jeff dove with us and we left him at the Tiki Bar at Riveria Beach. We went to Force E and hung out for about 10 minutes before rolling on down the road. Guess we left at 1:40.

Understand about cancelling the Tennico Towers. It was a challenge out there. I almost ended up a casuality. But that is best discussed in calmer settings.

Will be out of circulation for most, if not all of May and the beginning of June. May be able to work something in over the 21st of May. Keep me advised as to any dives you have planned. If I can sneek away, I will.

Lee

Hoya97:
I almost ended up a casuality. But that is best discussed in calmer settings.

Sure would have been hard to explain that one to the Coast Guard...... hehehhhehe :laughing:

baitedstorm:
Sure would have been hard to explain that one to the Coast Guard...... hehehhhehe :laughing:

Heck, it was so much fun getting blown off the ladder with only one fin on, I wanted to try it again! :D

and I did find a couple of bruises that I didn't have when I left home on Friday.... Think I know where I got those!

cry babies....... !!!!!

I had a AWESOME dive. Loads of fun! It was a little bumby and that was a really cool stunt the captain did for us with that sideways slide thing to neatly stack all the gear to one side for eaisier disembarkment!

A few of us got to practice some basic skills like putting fins back on and removing/ replacing your mask at depth.

I saw a little golden tailed eel!

A HUGE green moray two seperate ones actually.

A juvenile turtle.

Fun was had by all.

Seriously though it was bumby for sure... We were a group of awesome divers (modesty aside) so all went well with entry, the dive and exits. There were some students that bailed out at the dock which was a good call by their instructor.

Eric

Hoya, Brownie's is a well known tech shop in Ft. Lauderdale--generally referred to as Brownie's Southport, it's just around the corner from where the American Dream II docks (west side of the bridge). It is also fairly heavy on the DIR-stuff, and prominently displays the book around the store.......but if you're looking ofr Halcyon/DIR gear, it's the place to go. As far as I know, no other shop in WPB caters to the tech crowd, so they fill an empty spot. But, I don't know if the diving in WPB warrants the need. I also never asked if they do trimix/oxy/other fills, though I mad the assumption they do......

Location: From Blue Heron, you'd turn north on US1/Dixie and go north @ 1/2 mile. It's on the left; the "sign" out front (from a previous dive shop that went out of business) is currently blown out from the hurricanes, but the "Brownies" sign is in every window. It's a free standing building......Parking is around back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom