Tell me your favorite restaurants!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

New Especias. Much better than Guidos . Soy Gardel
Great. Was all set to go to New Especias tonight, but from their FB page:
We inform our customers that from 1 to 15 September 2021, the New Especias restaurant will be closed for holidays. We will be ready to receive you again starting September 16th.
Oh well.

Some of my other faves: 'Ohana (owned and run by Blue Angel DM Mateo and his wife), Casa Cuzamil, La Perlita, La Choza, El Moro, Buccano's at Night, Casa Mission, Pancho's Backyard, and the restaurant at Blue Angel.

Good list Gordon. I have 2 more nights here and would like to try Kooben Laab one of them, the other night is still TBD. Have always wanted to try Cielito Lindo also.

La Cocay is still my favorite for a nice meal. They are also good for delivery if you want a nice meal at home/condo etc.
Le Chef for Bacon Lobster Sandwich
Soy Gardel has a several nice dishes (like the mango tuna tartare)
Mister taco for cheap tacos at night
El Sazon del Camaron for breaded shrimp tacos for lunch.
Cozumel Dreaming for sushi
Bombay Delights for Indian
Casa Mision for a good breakfast/brunch
Buccanos at night is usually pretty good but I haven’t been there lately.
Guidos is still very popular as a high end restaurant. It kind of fell out of my rotation years ago for no particular reason , but I have a friend with discerning tastes who eats there once or twice a week,
Someone mentioned Super Heat but I think they may have meant Super Hit. Had their cochinita a couple of weeks ago. They have two places on 30th (one at rosado salas and another one at Xel-Ha )

New place ?Innombrable? on Melgar next to Le Chef is pricey but has good steaks. Think it is the ribeye aguachile appetizer that is very tasty

Angels & Demons (A&D) II Resto Bar Grill on 10 ave between 2 & 4 Calle is worth a visit. A couple of Canadian expats opened it up a couple years ago so it is not a "local" restaurant but they do have dang good burgers, BBQ and some Mexican food. A bit pricey for burgers and such but we like it well enough to stop by once or twice per trip.

... El Pastor on a spit.

Proper al pastor is always made on a vertical grill. El Pique and most other places that offer tacos al pastor do this. Usually the trompo spins in front of gas flames, but if you get a shot at al pastor grilled in front of charcoal definitely go for it.

Las Otates, now called Tacos Talles

Los Tacotales. I suspect that name was chosen because it involved minimal repainting of their signs after a business on the mainland forced them to change their name.

Ceverceria Punta Sur

Their wood-fired empanadas and pizzas should not be missed, especially the lionfish pizza.

What else ya got?

Have a look at my personal favorites. There are always a few that are out-of-date because I haven't had time to update in quite a few weeks and, as you clearly know, this is a constantly-moving target. They're organized by meal rather than by cuisine or by price, so you'll need to click on meals either on that page or in the sidebar to get lists.

Try Sereno. It’s next to Papa Hogs on the rooftop . Great sunset place with delicious food. We also love Cozumel Dreaming, excellent sushi and of course Kooben Laab!

My choices are usually based on what's a short walk from Hotel Mary Carmen, or along the way from Aldora Pier to there. Caribe Burger was high on my list, but no longer. It's a totally different place upstairs from the hole in the wall they once used, and I hated those squirely stairs.

Casa Denis is so convenient with great food and reasonable prices, just off of the plaza on Calle 1, next door to a place that did not appeal to me.
Los Tacotales (was Los Otates when last I visited)
Still a great place to eat good food at reasonable prices.

I like to hit La cucina italiana at the corner of 15 Ave and Calle 6 once a trip. Last month I enjoyed lobster tail, pasta, soup, and salad for 220 Pesos!

Casa Denis is so convenient with great food and reasonable prices, just off of the plaza on Calle 1, next door to a place that did not appeal to me.

Yes, while we don't love Casa Denis, it's always acceptable.

We felt badly for the neighboring restaurants during our July trip as we've always just walked by them headed for Casa Denis. We decided that we'd at least give them a shot. We too were completely underwhelmed by the place next door, (just West of). However, the place that's kitty corner - (would that be the northeast corner of 1st and 5th?), was very good. We much preferred it over Casa Denis. We each had an excellent margarita, and my poached filet Veracruz style was outstanding. My dining companion/dive buddy is asleep, so her choice will remain a mystery, but do know that she was equally happy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom