Tell me about the SP Mk2 R195

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Q&A section of the link shows a range of " 'Range is 4.4 - 22.1 ft lbs " which puts your scuba torque specs in the outer fringes. Still better than the magic touch.
I already have a 3/8 and 1/2" drive torque wrench for the upper limits. This one was for the lower limits. I may end up with a dedicated torque wrench for it, still unsure at this point

I already have a 3/8 and 1/2" drive torque wrench for the upper limits. This one was for the lower limits. I may end up with a dedicated torque wrench for it, still unsure at this point

I picked up a used 1/4 inch drive on ebay that goes down to 10 or 15 inch lb. I needed that for my brass swivel retainersw on my Mk5s. They seem to be rather common. I believe some commercial ops replace theirs rather than recalibrate.

I just got back from a cruise. I had rented a Mk2/R195 from my lds to take. Diving at Grand Cayman and Cozumel never exceeded 65'. This reg gave me no problems at all.
I wouldn't seek one to buy- there are a few minor things I would like changed but overall it performed perfectly fine. I even went head down fins up to look under some ledges and never experienced a problem. It never breathed wet or free-flowed. It breathed easy- much easier than the Oceanic I was having issues with.
I didn't have a problem with dry mouth like I had before, and I was relaxed enough that I always had the most air when climbing back on the boat other than the DM, and he was about 24 and disgustingly fit.

A swivel turret, maybe a swivel at yhe second stage, and I have no idea is the exhaust ports stick further out on a G250 than this 195 but the bubbles were a little annoying.
Those are minor annoyances. It performed well. I will be buying a later model reg used before too long, probably a Mk20 with a G250.

A swivel turret, maybe a swivel at yhe second stage

The swivel turret is available on the MK25 and you have to pay extra to have it, too much to ask for at the price point of the MK2 :) The swivel at the second stage connection is something you can always add at any time and is available from third parties no problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom