Teenager Stress

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Catherine:
It's hard to tell from a photo, but it looks like you did a great job (as long as the hair is covering that tat!!!). Congrats, and look forward to the next exciting stage!!!

catherine96821:
I survived this road...

DSC_0064-2-2.jpg
Wait until you are on your bike and she drives by :wink:

scuba do...thanks.

I did just read about a poor guy that was killed on his bike bt a girl text messaging. I beg her not to be on the phone driving...

catherine96821:
I survived this road... (congrats Liz!)

DSC_0178.jpg

DSC_0064-2-2.jpg

I hope we were not moving, cause I don't see a seatbelt...we always wear seatbelts...

:rofl3:

....Catherine,

You're in more trouble than you realize.

By the way, I'm with ya on the tattoo thing. I'm the same way.

catherine96821:
scuba do...thanks.

I did just read about a poor guy that was killed on his bike bt a girl text messaging. I beg her not to be on the phone driving...

Kids driving is one of the scariest things for a parent. Youthful exuberance, overconfidence, and short attention spans do not mix well with driving. What an incredible tragedy. Not just for the guy and his family. The girl will never be the same. There was a girl here several years ago we sort of new of. Great kid. Smart, incredibly nice and sweet, NEVER in trouble. The kind of kid you would want your daughter to emulate. One night, she got going a bit too fast on a windy road while chasing after some friends. She ended up crashing into the car of the friends, killing them both. She went to jail for homicide. A triple tragedy. Sorry. Did not mean to hijack this GREAT thread for something something so morose. Back to frivolity!!!

Amberjack:
Having just learned we will be having a boy in late April/early May, you people are scaring the crap out of me!

Amber-

You are lucky. You can reason with teenage sons. All you need is a 2 X 4. Teenage girls on the other hand, will test you. As in physical and emotional destructive testing. My daughter is now 31. Now I believe in karma and justice in the universe. She has a little, one year old, red headed daughter. She is finally getting her just desserts. And it's just a vile rumor that grandpa encourages some of the bad deportment...

Art

Desert_Diver:
Amber-

You are lucky. You can reason with teenage sons. All you need is a 2 X 4. Teenage girls on the other hand, will test you. As in physical and emotional destructive testing. My daughter is now 31. Now I believe in karma and justice in the universe. She has a little, one year old, red headed daughter. She is finally getting her just desserts. And it's just a vile rumor that grandpa encourages some of the bad deportment...

Art

So true. The difference between boys and girls? Both are equally mischevious and troublesome. Boys, however, are not smart enough to conceal this. Girls are smarter at every age during adolescence, and are, therefore, far more devious. Boys are bolder. They do bad things and look for a reaction, then tell you they will do it again. Girls recognize the error of this strategy, so the cover up thier misbehaving. I have one girl and two boys. I have several friends with one or more of both sexes. We have all had the same experience.

Ahh the crazy teen years are only a few years a way, just enough to laugh and remember how funny it was at the time. From the downright dangerous to the pointlessly hilarious, its mostly all on videotape (thanks for the gift mom and dad! I put it to good use.)

I'll let them see the tapes in a few more years. Some have surfaced already, eliciting head-shaking and burning looks from my mom and supressed laughter from my dad.

We were modern non-hippie hippies. Running around freakin' out squares and trying to get a little adrenalin goin'.

What I've learned so far? People under 25 bounce.

The only perfect parents are those who don't have kids. They can tell you exactly what to do under any circumstance. This perfection evaporates with the cry of their first child. For the next 20+ years they will learn just how imperfect they are as parents. When their first child becomes a teenager, they will know beyond any shadow of a doubt that a cruel joke has been played on them, and all the parents they gave advice to before they had kids aresimply laughing their butts off. :D

Cat, just in case does she have a blue tooth. That looking away to play with the phone is just no good. Being on the phone is no good period but...

My eldest now has two tatoo's. It was all I could do not to rip his head off. That is one thing I can not stand. However, if I flipped he would have marched down and got ten more :spock:

My youngest tells me tonight that having money left over for him to put down on a house after college is blackmail and he will not be blackmailed. So, as he say's, he will get his scholarship and not take my money :w-t-f: Now who ever thought you could get in trouble for setting money aside for college, oooooof?

Fine with me cuz 9/11 took a huge chunk of retirement from me.

Lil sis is 14 and I try and spend as much time with her as possible before she turns into the alien thing that I know she will.

Anyway, Catherine, at least it is your girl driving. Boys are worse and so is their insurance. We have had numerous tickets, thousands in engine repairs, lot's of accidents, aye, aye, aye. Now my youngest has just wrecked my car that he is not to be driving. :sad: Oh let me add, in the same week he also wrecked his truck :wink:

All that said, life is getting better and better as they age. And of course I do love the dummy's :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom