Teenager Stress

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
It usually falls on "us".

This I realized in the cell phone thread.

My children are pretty good kids, but I never know what will happen next...just that

it will. My son breaks his arm and calls me and says it feels fine but "looks funny".

Someone calls me on vacation to say that my daughter has

thrown "the party of the year, hundreds of cars..

Last week, the neighbors very nice boys were expelled from a private boy's school for

dressing up in turbans and masks (no guns) and running through the school to be funny.

they filmed it and put it on U-tube. The teachers were running and screaming...

Unless you have teenagers, you don't know how peaceful you have it.

LOL... Were not all that bad, you know.

Catherine: Compared to a buddy's daughters behaviour, those are nothing.

I guess it's all relative.

(And man am I thankful for all the things my parents never found out about when I was teenager ... nevermind how long ago that was )

catherine96821:
It usually falls on "us".

Last week, the neighbors very nice boys were expelled from a private boy's school for

dressing up in turbans and masks (no guns) and running through the school to be funny.

they filmed it and put it on U-tube.

Do you have a link please :)

ianr33:
Do you have a link please :)
I was thinking the same thing. Some adults just don't have a sense of humour any more :wink:

catherine96821:
Unless you have teenagers, you don't know how peaceful you have it.
We who are parents were all teenagers at one point. My kids are now almost out of university. I just hope that I did not sound to them like my parents did to me when I was a teenager. "(I) Don't understand their music. Don't understand the way they dress. Don't understand the way they talk." The world is falling apart!!!!!!!!

You have my sympathy. Three-fifths of my kids are grown and out of the house. My 16 year-old hates everything about diving EXCEPT being underwater. How she will get there without doing all the things she hates (maintaining gear, assembling it, getting on the boat, getting dressed, in the water,, descending, ascending, you get the picture) is a mystery to me. My 9 year-old can't wait until she is 12 and has parental permission to get certified. Last week, on her first snorkeling trip, she was afraid of getting her toes bitten off by a fish.

I have daughters; are boys worse?

By the way, shouldn't you call the thread "Teenager-induced Parental Stress"?

he he...yes.

Teenager-induced Parental Stress"?

but then no one would come in here...cause we have had enough.
when my daughter gets home, I will get the link.
actually, it was funny. Because they looked like charactertures off some sit-com and
the teachers were hysterical. Hey, it's a good way to get shot by a swat team...
I kept saying to my daughter "do their parents KNOW this is on U-tube???" ...and part
of the movie they made they are interviewing their parents...and then it is all spliced
together. Alexa says they were inspired by jack-*** II....oh, I was just so glad it wasn't mine.

I am a little worried about the teenager "trip" in a couple weeks.

Last time I was in the vicinity with their friends, they were putting condoms in little old ladies grocery carts in the store and watching her get to the check-out.

My daughter's bf is a big football star but had to sit out many games this season because he got his arm stuck in the coke machine at school, reaching up to make a soda fall out. He was arrested by HPD. ...last year he was on ESPN, this year...the bench.

Anyone else figure these two had to be teenagers...gotta love it.

Midnight Zamboni Run

Idaho Zamboni drivers fired after trip to fast-food drive-thru
By John Miller

The Associated Press

BOISE, Idaho • Two employees have been fired from the city's ice skating rink after making a midnight fast-food run • in a pair of Zambonis.

The ice-groomer jockeys, both temporary city employees whose names and ages weren't released by Boise Parks and Recreation, had to negotiate at least one intersection with a traffic light on their late-night creep from Idaho Ice World.

An anonymous caller who alerted a telephone hot line set up by Boise Mayor Dave Bieter was gassing up his car at a nearby service station at about 12:30 a.m. on Nov. 10 when he saw the Zambonis roll through a Burger King drive-through, order food, and then return to the skating rink. The rubber-tired vehicles, whose top speed is about 5 mph, drove about 11/2 miles in all, said Parks Department Director Jim Hall.

"They were fired immediately," Hall said. "We're pretty sure it was just the one time. When we interviewed them, they didn't seem to be too concerned about it. I don't think they understood the seriousness of it. Even if they had felt bad about it, they're not going to be employed here."

The incident was reported on a Web log, www.boiseguardian.com, whose author, David Frazier, has fought City Hall over such issues as whether the city must ask voters before going into debt to build an airport parking garage.

A manager at the Burger King contacted today confirmed the incident happened, but declined to comment further.

Although neither of the $75,000 Zambonis nor their $10,000 blades appeared damaged, Hall said Boise may still try to press charges against the former employees for allegedly operating an unlicensed motor vehicle on a public street.

The Zamboni was invented in the late 1940s by Frank Zamboni, whose company in Pasadena, Calif., still makes them.

Even though several companies now produce ice resurfacers, the Zamboni name has become a universal identifier for squat vehicles that turn ice into a smooth sheet using a long blade and warm water.

Last year, Morristown, N.J., Zamboni operator John Peragallo was charged with drunken driving after another employee at the Mennen Sports Arena called police to report the machine was speeding and nearly crashed into the boards. Peragallo, 63, lost his Zamboni privileges.

Strange things can happen on a Zamboni, Hall allowed.

"But normally, those strange things are in the confines of an ice skating rink, not cruising up and down the street," he said. "Every once in a while, you're going to get somebody who doesn't use their brains and does something incredibly stupid like this. They could have been hit by a car."

Copyright © 2006 The Seattle Times Company

Again...talk about having no sense of humor.

catherine96821:
Last time I was in the vicinity with their friends, they were putting condoms in little old ladies grocery carts in the store and watching her get to the check-out.

:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom