Teenager Stress

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
how do they come up with this stuff?

or better yet...how did he get caught?

Brain based research points to the fact that most adolescents and young adults do not have adequately developed decision making skills. I can attest to this with my teen dive students. They consistently do goofy, strange things. Young adults are not much better. ADHD, Bipolar, drugs and deep emotional issues add to the mix.

Glad I am no longer a teen, although I do miss the feeling of being able to run endlessly without becoming tired or having a cute girlfriend in college.

X

"ay carumba!" I thought I was the only one to say that! I love how "C-A-RUUU-m-ba"
rolls off your tongue when you flip the "r's". Do Puerto Ricans say that in Florida?

Anyway, yes...sometimes I think I should have "paced" myself better, I am running on fumes. When they were babies, I was rabid, all consumed. You take pictures, video, worry about the schools when they are two....then when they hit 13, you are kinda tired. Not a great time to be "tired". I think I am getting a second wind. There for about 2 years, I was wondering if it would be okay.

Sometimes, I really wonder if there are "wild genes".

yes, MR X...I saw those recent studies about brain development.

jeckyll:
I guess it's all relative.
That's the real problem... they are related! :D

my mom says all my teen-age stress is killing her...

well... we all have to go through this phase, you know????

H2Andy:
my mom says all my teen-age stress is killing her...

well... we all have to go through this phase, you know????

Ideally, you are supposed to grow out of it, Andy... :wink:

I do remember my 23 yo daughter coming in to talk about my son. "Was I really that stupid?" she queried. "Yeppers" I replied.

seriously, when i was younger the kids (5 nephews & a niece) could be setting fire to eachothers hair and i was calm about it all.

now they only have to walk past me with their jeans hanging halfway down to their knees and their phones earpeices stuck in and blaring out the most horrible noise and i go agro at the sight of them

i swear they must take classes in highschool on how to test me

NetDoc:
I do remember my 23 yo daughter coming in to talk about my son. "Was I really that stupid?" she queried. "Yeppers" I replied.

My mom told me the other day that I didnt go thru the teenage years, that I went strait from child to adult... and apparently its my fault that she wasnt prepared for dealing with my sister, because I didnt set the standard. :rofl3:

yes, Almity, the buttcrack thing is getting on my nerves. They call it the coinslot, I have learned.

Oh and my big "sock me in the stomach" moment. I have a thing about hating tattoes, just me..that is my thing. So, when I saw this little thing on the nape of her neck, you could have just killed me. Her dad and I talk about having it removed almost every month. It is two years old already. If her hair is up, and I catch a glimpse, I just cringe to my core.

And some poor misguided soul in Waikikii peirced the entire Punahou sophmore class' navels. I pity him when I find out who he is.

my parenting goals this year is

to kill the guy who did that...and the tattoo (he might get some torture)
Two years...this is the first time I have even brought myself to be able to talk about this. Very, very upsetting. My temples are now shocked with white hair.

my eldest nephew didnt have a tatt till he joined the army..now across the back of his neck, just below the collar line he APPARENTLY has in arabic his wifes name

i tell him all the time its actually spells 'stupid aussie infidel" :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom