tech training in phuket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverDave65

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm planning my third diving trip to Phuket in three years for Jan 2007. I've always had a blast and have done both local dives the the live-aboard for the Similans.

I'm interested in trying an intro to tech diving, maybe just decompression training with nitrox instruction. Google yields a few schools in Phuket that offer instruction.

Anybody have any experience with any of the tech training schools in Phuket?

Thanks in advance for the info and comments.

Blue skies

Hi Dave
Contact Martini Effect for some good advice - he is a member of SB and has a tech training facility on Koh Lanta. He did his courses on Phuket and would be able to steer you in the right direction.

Otherwise Koh Lanta is easily accessible from Phuket and if you can I recommend that you try and do your tech courses with him.

Jason Ooi:
You can look for Pro-tech Phuket http://www.protechdivers.com/

many people go to pro tech and end up going elsewhere to complete their tarining having been releived of their money and then not received what they have paid for :(

there have been posts about them before and there will be in the future as that is the way that they run their business - same as back in the uk.

ask around the tech training places and tec instructor trainers on Phuket and also on some of the other islands.............. not a good rep at all.

has some slick pay per click advertising and gives out lots of free t shirts though

you could try

lanta divers (on lanta)
ocean zone (phuket)
scuba cat (phuket)
the MV Trident a full tec liveaboard based in Koh Tao

Yes Koh lanta is a really nice place to compleate or start your Tec course. No over packed day boats like some of the "Undesirable characters" in phuket will shove you on. So very true words Smartecosse.

The boats in Lanta and sourounding dive sites are really nice place to start you Tec interest.So contact Martini effect as Ringo said.

Lanta Divers, although advertise TecDeep i'm told there not really intrested in running courses.In fact last season they run 0.But good dive School neverless.

BluePlanet, running a few courses now from TecDeep to TDI Advanced Nitrox etc and a really nice day boat and a really nice guy too. His site is www.blueplanet-tech.com. Good luck and enjoy.

smartecosse:
many people go to pro tech and end up going elsewhere to complete their tarining having been releived of their money and then not received what they have paid for :(
What is the main reason, he refused give students c card after finished training? :shakehead

hes not a course director with padi and therefore not allowed to train instructors for padi / dsat even though he says he can and takes the money for it.

hence being qa'd to padi on several occasions

plus other stuff. ask around - plenty of info on just how well Mr P runs his business :(

You might want to try Deep Blue Divers. Speak to Jack he maintains his equipment with great care and puts alot of effort into teaching his courses. If you decide to come to Pattaya give me a call. I have been teaching tec here for 13 years.

andibk

smartecosse:
hes not a course director with padi and therefore not allowed to train instructors for padi / dsat even though he says he can and takes the money for it.

hence being qa'd to padi on several occasions

plus other stuff. ask around - plenty of info on just how well Mr P runs his business :(

Nookibear:
Lanta Divers, although advertise TecDeep i'm told there not really intrested in running courses.In fact last season they run 0.But good dive School neverless.

They are a very busy DC and I agree do not actively promote the Tec Side except for having a set of twins in the shop with a wing on however, the Tec Courses are all taught Brendon Sing the course director for Lanta Divers who is a fantastic teacher.

The diving there is great with plenty of deeper sites that actually do have things to see other than sand at depth!

FYI they did run tec courses last year, well at least one any way as i helped out on it :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom