tech training in phuket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jamiemac:
i think a good tec course should invlove more than joining a day boat and dive coral reefs just for deeper/longer than the recreational divers.

all our courses include a three day liveaboard on our dedicated tec liveaboard, MV Trident, diving WW2 wrecks.

that's only my own opinion, i'm sure fish/coral can be interesting too and it must be easy puling birds with all that tec kit on the day boats,

jamie, Mv Trident

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: Great Jamie,

At least somebody with a sense of humor around.

If you want a Tech Dive Centre in Phuket that is owned and operated by a guy with more experience than most and who teaches and acts professionally and responsibly then go and see Andrew Fortune at http://www.oceanzonedivers.com/ Have known him for a while and have only seen and heard good things about him.
Believe it or not there are some tech diving instructors running tech courses from their bedrooms here ! these courses are serious and you put yourself at an elevated risk by taking them so please chose wisely and go to a company that has had great recommendations over a long period

James

and see if you can get involved in GPS navigation and search patterns, locating the wreck, reading the sounder correctly, shotting the wreck,the best place and method to tie into the wreck then setting up the deco bars, then planning your dive, then analyse your gas (which ideally you should have blended yourself the prevoius evening), then dive .

there's a lot more to diving than diving, especially tec diving. In my opinion just going through any agency's required training dives doesn't make a tec diver

Jamie , MV Trident

jamiemac:
and see if you can get involved in GPS navigation and search patterns, locating the wreck, reading the sounder correctly, shotting the wreck,the best place and method to tie into the wreck then setting up the deco bars, then planning your dive, then analyse your gas (which ideally you should have blended yourself the prevoius evening), then dive .

there's a lot more to diving than diving, especially tec diving. In my opinion just going through any agency's required training dives doesn't make a tec diver

Jamie , MV Trident

that sounds like far too much hard work - can't i just pay you to do it all and just do a "trust me" dive on the wreck?

my hedas hurting from thinking about all that stuff to do :)

yes,of course you can do that, our certified divers just sit around taking the micky, but if you're learning the tec thing you should get involved in the planning too.

it is hard work too, especially when you've got to do it three times in a day because you keep finding ****ty old barges and fishing boats that aren't worth your divers' time

jamie MV Trident

i think it would be even better if you did the dive for me as well and just brought back some pictures that i could photshop myself into.

In fact why even bother going on the boat - nice tho it is - i'll just be an internet tech diver

much simpler

:D

Brilliant concept !

describe your perfect tec dive to me , and send some cash , and i'll try my very best to do it for you.

when this business idea takes off we'll finally make some money out of diving, you can have half as it was your idea.

off down the pub to celebrate, jamie Mv Trident

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom