tech training in phuket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I received a high recommendation to Ocean Zone Divers, Andrew Fortune. You might check that out.

very well respected and really knows his stuff

and he's a nice guy to boot :)

smartecosse:
many people go to pro tech and end up going elsewhere to complete their tarining having been releived of their money and then not received what they have paid for :(

there have been posts about them before and there will be in the future as that is the way that they run their business - same as back in the uk.

ask around the tech training places and tec instructor trainers on Phuket and also on some of the other islands.............. not a good rep at all.

has some slick pay per click advertising and gives out lots of free t shirts though

you could try

lanta divers (on lanta)
ocean zone (phuket)
scuba cat (phuket)
the MV Trident a full tec liveaboard based in Koh Tao

I feel I should jump in and defend myself a little here as it obvious you do not know me personally and have no knowledge of how I run my dive centre.

In the last twelve months 5 students out of over 200 (all Tec) have not received certification for many different reasons,
(Just found out who you are, you would not be one of my five would you? what a coincidence as I heard you were trying to set up a Tec shop in Phuket God help us.)

I hold the rating as course director for a few agencies and have never marketed myself as a padi course director but for your information you do not have to be a course director to teach DSAT only to administer the Exam. Where do you think the Padi Course directors got their DSAT ratings by attending courses with other agency's then crossing over.

I do not wish to get into any further discussion on this board about the comments you are making in public but as for suggesting another PADI professional has had QA is total un-ethical so watch for one coming your way. And only to defend myself in 14 years of diving I have never come to replying to idiots like you, you are a disgrace to the diving industry, call yourself a diving professional, That’s a joke.

I agree - Andrew Fortune of Oceanzone divers.

I have taken a couple of courses with him, and been part of a tech expedition that he organised this year. His vast tech experience and personality makes him a great person to learn from

tecdivertraining:
I feel I should jump in and defend myself a little here as it obvious you do not know me personally and have no knowledge of how I run my dive centre.

In the last twelve months 5 students out of over 200 (all Tec) have not received certification for many different reasons,

That's actually a good turn over. 16 TEC students per month and just over 2 % fail, but curious, what are or was the many different reasons the 2 1/2 % fail? Also how many staff do you have as seems a big operation; lots off mouths to feed lol

Nookibear:
tecdivertraining:

That's actually a good turn over. 16 TEC students per month and just over 2 % fail, but curious, what are or was the many different reasons the 2 1/2 % fail? Also how many staff do you have as seems a big operation; lots off mouths to feed lol

Sometimes students just don’t meet the grade and need more time diving at current levels which has been the case in my teaching career other turn up drunk having been out till the early hrs, a problem running a centre in Thailand this caused two pissed students.

We have three full time Tec instructors on staff that can teach at all levels and occasionally pull in a freelance if we cannot cope. This plus office staff make a team of around 8 in high season not big in general diving terms but big in the world of tec.

tecdivertraining:

(Just found out who you are, you would not be one of my five would you? what a coincidence as I heard you were trying to set up a Tec shop in Phuket God help us.)

I hold the rating as course director for a few agencies and have never marketed myself as a padi course director but for your information you do not have to be a course director to teach DSAT only to administer the Exam. Where do you think the Padi Course directors got their DSAT ratings by attending courses with other agency's then crossing over.

I do not wish to get into any further discussion on this board about the comments you are making in public but as for suggesting another PADI professional has had QA is total un-ethical so watch for one coming your way. And only to defend myself in 14 years of diving I have never come to replying to idiots like you, you are a disgrace to the diving industry, call yourself a diving professional, That’s a joke.

Tecdivertraining,

Welcome to the board and nice to see that you're defending yourself. It's good to hear the other side of the story as well. Slander is uncalled for and shouldn't be allowed on this board.
Possibly something for the moderators to look into?

Good luck to you.

Freelance, I found it very difficult. I.e. whom do you ask and what do you have ta do to be legally working in Thailand?

Lot’s of speak to this guy and that. Setting up a company for me is not a issue it's just whom with.

Nookibear:
Freelance, I found it very difficult. I.e. whom do you ask and what do you have ta do to be legally working in Thailand?

Lot’s of speak to this guy and that. Setting up a company for me is not a issue it's just whom with.

I generally try to avoid discussions around working in Thailand at the moment has their are many legal changes coming into effect as we speak and it is difficult to advise. Next week will see three more legal requirements enforced in the Phuket and Krabi area making it even more difficult for freelance Instructors to gain work permits.

But generally you need a reliable layer, to set up a company you then need a NonB Visa you can then apply for a working permit that runs in sinc with your Visa. You will now also need some additional licenses that will be difficult to obtain without a real dive shop of affiliation with a dive shop. Work permits are now not being renewed without these additional licenses and documentation.

Good look with it. If you would like additional info send me a private mail
or via email and I will happily help. Mathew@protechdivers.com

Back
Top Bottom