Tech fin options - neutral buoyancy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My shop wouldn't tell me I can't wear the Eddy fins. I just don't want to out of respect for them. But, that's one reason I wanted one of the owners to try the Eddy fins yesterday. I figure if he gets some and wears them when teaching, then I can feel just fine about wearing them while DM'ing. :)

My shop wouldn't tell me I can't wear the Eddy fins. I just don't want to out of respect for them. But, that's one reason I wanted one of the owners to try the Eddy fins yesterday. I figure if he gets some and wears them when teaching, then I can feel just fine about wearing them while DM'ing. :)

The question was put to me like this on our last trip of check dives.

Owner/Manager : Whats that? (pointing at my gear)

Me : Oh that is my gear.

Owner/Manager : What fins are those?

Me : Those are my Eddys..

Owner/Manager : Are those the ones sold by Deep6?

Me : Yeah, they are. They are really nice and you should try them.

Owner/Manager : Do we sell them?

Me : Ummmmmmm, uhhhhhhhh, no..

Owner/Manager : Then lets not see them on official dives again, ok?

The question was put to me like this on our last trip of check dives.

Owner/Manager : Whats that? (pointing at my gear)

Me : Oh that is my gear.

Owner/Manager : What fins are those?

Me : Those are my Eddys..

Owner/Manager : Are those the ones sold by Deep6?

Me : Yeah, they are. They are really nice and you should try them.

Owner/Manager : Do we sell them?

Me : Ummmmmmm, uhhhhhhhh, no..

Owner/Manager : Then lets not see them on official dives again, ok?
That is reasonable.

That is reasonable.

Yes, but it still saddens me as I LOVE the Eddys in our salt water pool. In open water I can use my XTs as we sell DR. But in the pool, I like the shorter, durable rubber fin of the Eddy.

Yes, but it still saddens me as I LOVE the Eddys in our salt water pool. In open water I can use my XTs as we sell DR. But in the pool, I like the shorter, durable rubber fin of the Eddy.
glad you like, but the Eddy is plastic, not rubber. A expensive darn plastic that took us 7 months to find and get and has too high a MOQ, but plastic it is.

It's also very durable.

Reasonable is not the word I would use, bovine excrement would fit better.

Well I could tell the Owner/Manager that and simply not DM for the shop any more. That would be the intelligent thing to do. I am not defending it, but as @cerich said it "is" reasonable for a shop that sells a certain product to allow only those products to be used by it's pros.

Since Deep6Geer told me I can return the fins if they do not fit, I ordered a pair of small/medium in white. These are listed as being made of softer material. I tried them with 5 mm neoprene size 8 boots and the foot pocket fits OK, but the spring straps are much too short and they are pushing my toes very hard into the end of the foot pocket.

So I asked Deep6 for longer springs but have not got a response on this yet. So I swapped out the spring straps with my Hollis F1's Regular, and now the fit is much better. There is still some pressure on my great toe but nothing serious. I now want to try them in our pool to see how they feel.

I must say that I'm one of those who cannot extend my ankle so my foot is parallel to my tibia and I've been spoiled by diving in Force Fins, which are super comfortable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom