Tech fin options - neutral buoyancy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've done just about any kind of dive you can think of wearing jet clones...they work great and I can articulate my movements very well with them. I have almost always been in the camp of "dive your gear, don't let your gear dive you.

That being said, when I was training on an O2ptima, I found that I had to work exceptionally hard to maintain decent trim...my feet were too heavy. I switched to the DR XT find and was back to being in control....when I'm in my dry suit, I don't really notice the difference between heavier and lighter fins.

Stu,
I'm glad chris was able to produce a fin that you enjoy. There isn't one fin that trumps them all(as you have undoubtedly learned), so just decide what works better for you in each configuration and roll with it.

Last edited:
How was the power of the eddys?

I have been diving with SP Jetfin as using Drysuit + 300/400 undergarment. Someone told me as with thin undergarment diving in tropic ocean(or without undergarment), neutral buoyancy fin is better choice. Is it true?

I have been diving with SP Jetfin as using Drysuit + 300/400 undergarment. Someone told me as with thin undergarment diving in tropic ocean(or without undergarment), neutral buoyancy fin is better choice. Is it true?
I’m diving dry now and I use a neutral fin when wet, even with just a base layer I find the heavier fins to be better.

Apeks RK3

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom