Question TEC REC Elearning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do not know of one who does it. But lets be clear, TDI is one of the tech agencies and their standards allow it.

I'm not totally sure about that, part of DP standards involves valve drills. That's not single tank.

Other then single tank, I don't like using regular nitrox blends for deco but that is not as big a deal as it just means a bigger tank.

I've heard they now allow the use of trimix for below 100 to taught in conjuction, which was my other complaint.
The issue is that you have a biased opinion about PADI's TecRec program, and you're not prepared to change your opinion.
So in your case, it's a waste of time and energy to highlight the very long list of additions and improvements that have been applied to the 4 tec courses that are now available.

If you would really look into the course material and understand how the course material about gas density is built up throughout the courses, you wouldn't have that other complaint.

For you, there is a strict line between recreational and technical diving, black and white without a gray area.
In real life, there are many divers who want to dive safer with more knowledge in that gray area, and the standards of the first module are answering to that. Of course, you're allowed to disagree. Just refrain from imposing that opinion onto others, because it's based on ill-informed knowledge.

So your claiming that tec 40 does not teach using single tank for deco dives. When above was stated it still does.

That is considered unsafe in the tech world as you cannot do proper gas planing doing deco on a single tank back gas.

So your claiming that tec 40 does not teach using single tank for deco dives. When above was stated it still does.

That is considered unsafe in the tech world as you cannot do proper gas planing doing deco on a single tank back gas.
This illustrates how you draw incorrect conclusions from things you didn't read but made up yourself, followed by forming a biased negative opinion which supports your already negative attitude.

Edit:
For other people reading along and interested in on-topic information, the following is the philosophy:
The open circuit equipment configuration employs a double cylinder configuration (sidemount or back mount) with all required equipment in a streamlined configuration based on a philosophy that minimizes confusion and procedural error. The standard technical rig provides back up of essential components, but eliminates the unnecessary. This equipment configuration is optional at Tec 40, but required at the Tec 45 level and beyond.

Tec 40 divers can dive in a single cylinder configuration, because the depth and decompression time limits are very restricted compared to broader technical deep diving. Even so, you will need at least one additional cylinder, plus other equipment you may not use often or at all when recreational diving. The same philosophy of using a streamlined standardized technical equipment rig applies to configure your equipment for maximum efficiency.

Exceeding Tec 40 limits (40 metres/130 feet and up to 15 minutes total required decompression) is not acceptable or reasonable with a single cylinder set up.
This is next to several requirements for all gas volumes.

Make sure you let TDI know, then. Last I checked, single-tank (H-valve) was within standards for DP.

It still is. https://www.tdisdi.com/wp-content/u...andards_08_Decompression_Procedures_Diver.pdf

8.9 Required Equipment
The following equipment is required for each student:
1. Primary cylinder(s), cylinder volume appropriate for planned dive and
student gas consumption

I'm pretty sure (like 99.999999%) the (s) means you can use a single cylinder.

Other then single tank, I don't like using regular nitrox blends for deco but that is not as big a deal as it just means a bigger tank.

I do the single gas for bottom and deco thing several times a month. When my planned deco is going to be less than 5 minutes why bother with a gas switch? By the time the switch is done you're about half-way through deco anyway.

I'm not totally sure about that, part of DP standards involves valve drills. That's not single tank.

Ever see an H valve? There's two valves on there. You can also flutter a single K valve if you really needed to.

WHAT? Dude, put the hippie lettuce down.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom