Question TEC REC Elearning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are they still starting out with deco dives using single back mount and regular nitrox for deco?

Tec 40 is an entry-level tec course using a single decompression gas. It is the highest
level that can be completed using single cylinder configuration

These waterproof instructor books are very cool too.
wetbooks.jpg

They need to get away from deco using single tank. According to every other tech agency this will violate safety standards. They can make as nice training materials as they like. PADI is good at making training materials. But they need to start focusing on proper safety standards.

According to every other tech agency this will violate safety standards
Make sure you let TDI know, then. Last I checked, single-tank (H-valve) was within standards for DP.

According to every other tech agency this will violate safety standards.
Please show me where every other tech agency states this.
Other than this single tank issue do you feel the rest of the entirety of the PADI tec program is good?
they need to start focusing on proper safety standards.
Are we talking about YOUR definition of "Proper"?

TDI Advanced Nitrox standards state:
7.9 Required Equipment
The following equipment is required for each student:
1. Alternative second stage octopus attached to a primary regulator or a
redundant scuba unit; 1.9 litre / 13 cu ft minimum

No where in that standard is mention of double bottom gas tanks required. An H-Valve on a single tank is allowed.

Please show me where every other tech agency states this.
Other than this single tank issue do you feel the rest of the entirety of the PADI tec program is good?

Are we talking about YOUR definition of "Proper"?

Other then single tank, I don't like using regular nitrox blends for deco but that is not as big a deal as it just means a bigger tank.

I've heard they now allow the use of trimix for below 100 to taught in conjuction, which was my other complaint.

Make sure you let TDI know, then. Last I checked, single-tank (H-valve) was within standards for DP.

Show me a single instructor teaching that?

I don't like using regular nitrox blends for deco
That is a personal preference. It is not a safety issue nor is it bad practice.

I did 25 minutes of deco yesterday on EAN30.

graph.png

Show me a single instructor teaching that?
I do not know of one who does it. But lets be clear, TDI is one of the tech agencies and their standards allow it.

That is a personal preference. It is not a safety issue nor is it bad practice.

I did 25 minutes of deco yesterday on EAN30.

I said I don't like it but the only difference is bringing a bigger deco gas tank. The safety issue is single tank deco diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom