Question TEC REC Elearning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anybody has an idea where the recommended maximum 6.3 g/ℓ for gas density comes from? As far as I know, the recommended maximum is not 6.3 but 6.2, according to the research by Anthony/Mitchell.

Hi Guys, those of you already having access to the new Tec Rec standards, please be kind enough to state the maximum depths allowed for training dives about emergency ascents with a responsive diver (share air) and irresponsive diver.

Article from Michael Menduno on the GUE website:

Article from Michael Menduno on the GUE website:

Well, that is quite a review.

I retired from teaching last year. This review makes me sad that I will never get to teach this program.

Anybody has an idea where the recommended maximum 6.3 g/ℓ for gas density comes from? As far as I know, the recommended maximum is not 6.3 but 6.2, according to the research by Anthony/Mitchell.

I assume PADI found it simpler to stick to a round 40m on air, consistent with previous advice, rather than trying to adopt 39m.

I believe the simple explanation is that the recommendation is “less than 6.3” not “less than or equal to…”. Now working with single digit decimals it pretty much implies 6.2…

Quick question : Is a non-PADI Rescue course valid for TEC45? Like SSI or RAID for example?

Quick question : Is a non-PADI Rescue course valid for TEC45? Like SSI or RAID for example?
yes
  • Have a PADI Rescue Diver certification or have a qualifying certification from another training organization including CPR/first aid training within the past 24 month.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom