TDI or PADI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Holy crap! That looks like a complete Charlie Foxtrot! :shocked2:

This is one of my favourites I've found on the web:

See the attachment, or look at the original article on the Tec Rec blog.

The Tec 50 Course « TecRec Blog

From the blog;

"Tec 50 really allows the diver to refine foundation skills – one handed staging & retrieving, efficient cylinder movement between two deco mixes & stage positioning option."

Does that look like efficient cylinder movement with all those regs dangling in the sand?

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 381
Does that look like efficient cylinder movement with all those regs dangling in the sand?

:shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:

And this is a course being taught be one of the TDD Technical Diving Consultants to a PADI Examiner.....

.... I also love the nice, crisp cylinder labelling conventions in use. It's really clear what is in each tank, don't you think?

:shocked2: Not sure what my instructor would have said in that case. Not because he would have been speechless, it would be because he was cursing in some foreign language.

Thank you Andy. A picture IS worth 1000 words.

OP -- Does that picture look like the type of training you'd like to have? Is that the picture you have of a "trained" technical diver?

And if you want more pictures, get a copy of the TEC DEEP MANUAL and look at pp. 60 - 61. The images presented do NOT look like good images for technical diving to me.

So far only a few people have given me useful information. I ALREADY UNDERSTAND THE INSTRUCTOR IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT. I knew that before making this post. I am looking for the differences and peoples opinions regarding the pros and cons of the way the courses are structured. Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom