Taxi service near the airport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

According to: Cozumel Insider - Cozumel Transportation - Taxi, Bus, Ferry, and Rental Car Information - Cozumelinsider
"Transporation options OUT OF THE COZUMEL AIRPORT ARE LIMITED. There is one Airport Taxi Shuttle union (syndicato) with 100% control of transporting passengers OUT of the airport. As a result of this taxi union control, it goes without saying that there are NO COURTESY SHUTTLE SERVICES available from hotels. Hotels or accommodation providers may agree to GREET passengers at the airport and assist with the logistics of baggage transport but NOT the transport of passengers."
One of the definition of "syndicato" (or "syndicate") is: "a group, combination, or association of gangsters controlling organized crime or one type of crime, especially in one region of the country."
Read this one travelers's post:
Beware of Olympus Tours and Cozumel Airport Taxi Service

I have used the shuttle service on Cozumel many many times with absolutely no problems, other than the time I stupidly left my carry-on on the shuttle with my passport, wallet, credit cards, all my cash, traveler's checks, prescription dive mask, regulator, cameras, dive computers, and keys in it. I caught a cab back to the airport, and the shuttle driver saw me and called me over to his shuttle (I didn't know which one it was) and showed me my bag. He then gave me a free ride back to my hotel. Of course, I tipped him generously.

Why do you persist in trying to make a mountain out of this molehill? If you don't like the way things are on Cozumel, go somewhere else. :cool2:

Last edited:
Update.

Had a short walk to the traffic circle, got picked up immediately, and paid only 70 pesos. We were at our hotel within 10 minutes of stepping out of the terminal! :D

There are always cabs around the terminal and they'll see you strolling towards the group. By the time you get there they'll be patiently waiting with the back area open. But i think in order to be making your journey more exciting and memorable and in order to be enjoying comfortable ride you must simply just book the ride from the car rental servicing agency. They really offer amazing offers like budget family cars and low budget rental cars at comparatively affordable price.

Curious first post, Stephenpaul, on a 2 year old thread.

If you do it online from the US you can, at times, get Blueway cars for as little as $15 per day…plus they are on the import parking lot. Don't tell anyone else!

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

My car guy is pretty casual. We don't leave a deposit or a CC. Last trip the trim fell off the door in our parking lot. In front of the airport, I gave him the money and the trim and was on my way.

Of course we rented the same car until it died. Then they got us exactly the same model and color which we get every time now.

Dear DD,

Perhaps each office is a franchise or has a different manager, but none of our divers has ever experience such a thing in Cozumel, and they get good deals.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Dear DD,

Perhaps each office is a franchise or has a different manager, but none of our divers has ever experience such a thing in Cozumel, and they get good deals.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers
Perhaps so. The Trip Adviser story is anecdotal evidence at best, but the need for the extra insurance remains.

Back
Top Bottom