Taxi or shuttle to Radisson Fort George, Belize City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not at all spun up about the delay getting home. I figure I'll either sit by the pool and sip umbrella drinks, go fishing, do one of the suggested outings or some such - choices, choices.

Now last year I was about ready to eat worms.

To get back on topic... The last two summers they loaded both the BA3 and BA4 guests on a bus at 0800 and hauled us to the airport for those with the noon flight. They said there was a second run at about 1100 for the late flight folks.
Did you still have to wait in the hotel/off the boat?

I'm thinking in hindsight, if the people on the later flights had rented a room for the morning to use as a sort of private bugless A/C lounge that would have been worth it. Or even a small conference room if they're not in use. Maybe they would give a good dayroom deal.

I'm not at all spun up about the delay getting home. I figure I'll either sit by the pool and sip umbrella drinks, go fishing, do one of the suggested outings or some such - choices, choices.

Now last year I was about ready to eat worms.
The red worms or the yellow ones?

I am up for either but I know my divebuddy will defer to an expert over me...

I'm thinking in hindsight, if the people on the later flights had rented a room for the morning to use as a sort of private bugless A/C lounge that would have been worth it. Or even a small conference room if they're not in use. Maybe they would give a good dayroom deal.
I am not sure the Radisson has a concept of a day room as we may think of it? But this is worth investigating and reporting back here. Depends upon the flight times. Maybe I have forgotten all of the details, but I seem to recall lots of really bad breakfasts in the hotel so they must have something available after you have been kicked off the boat.

Embarkation: The Radisson IS fully aware of transient tourists - I have seen both of the Aggressor LOBs divers plus a bunch of other iffy Tourneffe fishing/diving peeps sitting around the pool on trip departure day. We got special wrist bands that allowed us to ask about the password for the nonfunctional Wifi. Sigh... A week later we saw same peeps at the pool.

I may be wrong, but I do not think that the Hotel understands the concept of a "morning" day room. It is not needed. There is really no need for that unless you can not sleep in a lounge chair. They do understand the concept of transient "pool area" passes. You should not just wander in off the street. But you can...

The hotel clearly understands that multiple off shore resorts use the adjoining docks. And that all of these people crash the hotel pool bar before and after their off shore trip.

My feeble brain had the following memory's:
- we get to the airport and sweat a lot
- the LOB shuttle dumps us at the hotel pool
- We have some adult beverages
- we go away for a week
- at the end of the trip the boat kicks us off way too early on Saturday morning
- we sit around the hotel pool

Actually I found departure to be fairly civilized.

As I remember from the last 2 years:

Pack Friday night. Put bags outside your door saturday am before breakfast.

Breakfast at 0600-0730 or so. Seems like it was bagels/fruit/cereal instead of the full meal deal.

Bags get loaded on bus while you have breakfast.

Board bus at 0800. My flight was/is at noon, as was the majority .A handful of people were headed to the FG. One of our group was staying over (as will I this year) and I think the plan was for others to crash in his room until the 1100 shuttle departure. I don't know what the arrangement would be for just hanging at the FG for the morning, but I suppose you could dump your bags with the bellman and hang at the pool. The FG folks were very nice and helpful.

Baggage unloading at the airport was a bit of a goat rodeo - very crowded area and a bunch of people standing around trying to grab their bags .

Stand in line to check in, then thru security and into an air conditioned waiting area. Little in the way of food/drink, but ample opportunity to buy t-shirts, caps and other trinkets .

I probably wouldn't arrive at the airport at 0845 for a noon-ish flight, but overall the process works out, at least for the early departure.

If you find yourself with a morning to kill while waiting for a flight out, you might think about taking a tour of either Altun Ha or the Community Baboon Sanctuary or even both depending on the time. Both are within a 30 minute drive of the airport.

I'd much rather spend the morning doing something rather than just sitting by a pool. YMMV of course.

This is the first year that American Airlines is routing me back through Los Angeles. Unfortunately, the flight's at 8 am, which is why I'll be spending my last night in BZ City. The upside is that I'll arrive home just in time for dinner instead of at midnight when I'm routed through Dallas.

Last edited:
If you find yourself with a morning to kill while waiting for a flight out, you might think about taking a tour of either Altun Ha or the Community Baboon Sanctuary or even both depending on the time. Both are within a 30 minute drive of the airport.

I'd much rather spend the morning doing something rather than just sitting by a pool. YMMV of course.

This is the first year that American Airlines is routing me back through Los Angeles. Unfortunately, the flight's at 8 am, which is why I'll be spending my last night in BZ City. The upside is that I'll arrive home just in time for dinner instead of at midnight when I'm routed through Dallas.

We did the Lamanai ruins outing last summer. It was way cool. And the Belize zoo. A jaguar is bad to the bone, even when sleeping.

I've never been bone fishing, and will have all day Tuesday, so I'm thinking that may be the answer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom