Taxi Mafia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would like to nominate this thread in the category of The Most Beaten Dead Horse Thread in 2013 during the annual Scubaboard Awards show.
My synopsis:
1: Ask the rate before getting in to the cab.
2. Pay in Pesos, it is Mexico and it is their national currency. I do not accept Pesos at my business and I have a very large population of Mexicans in my area.

And I think you may have just qualified this thread for Godwin's law.
It must be your Jackboots. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

I'm still following the thread but cannot keep up enough to read all posts. Sorry if I missed a relative comment, or is there still a focus left?

The old saying rings true, if it is free we are not having this conversation
I'm confused. Did you intend to use a colon? Still, I don't know the saying and can't find it?

It must be your Jackboots. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

I'm still following the thread but cannot keep up enough to read all posts. Sorry if I missed a relative comment, or is there still a focus left?

I'm confused. Did you intend to use a colon? Still, I don't know the saying and can't find it?

If it is free we are not having this conversation. Pretty much says it all no?

Nope, not to me. :idk: If it is an "old saying" then maybe it's local. Some of my old sayings don't work outside of Texas country life.

If it is free we are not having this conversation.

Can you explain what this means? I don't understand either. I tried to google it since you said it was an "old saying" but I didn't get any hits with this phrase.

Nope, not to me. :idk: If it is an "old saying" then maybe it's local. Some of my old sayings don't work outside of Texas country life.

10-4 ...

I do not accept Pesos at my business and I have a very large population of Mexicans in my area.

If you did, would you use the exchange rate to screw them?

Has everyone else in your area traditional accepted Pesos?

That one I remember. :wink: Old radio code response made popular in the CB days before call phones. Loosely translated means: "Got it, ok - fine, sure." :cool:

Deeper, forgive me if I am overstepping, but I am here, and what you mean seems clear to me...

If none of us had to pay for rides around Cozumel, then none of us would be talking about the taxistas and whether or not they are cheating us.
The same could be said for many other situations in which costs, and unclear guidelines, are annoyances that cause people to discuss them.

Hope that helps clarify!

Back
Top Bottom