Tattoos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't get it on vacation, it will cut into your dive time, and if it gets sketchy, you will have to pay someone else to fill it in. As you know, getting a tattoo is a lifetime investment. Find a local shop to do the work for you.

yep, no diving for 2-3 weeks after...

i'm trying to post mine, we'll see how it goes.

yay, it worked! right hip.

Thanks all for the suggestions. Looking into it, I agree it would better if we were to wait. Thanks for the photos everyone, we will still be looking for the perfect tat.

So, I don't get the draw of skulls, etc. Many tatoos feature them. What is the deal with that?

Some of us think that skulls are cool. THere are also those who think pirates are cool as well. Diving is way cool. So skulls, pirates, and diving go together. This is my business card logo. It also is the central theme of my tat. It has green kelp leaves framing it with blue bubbles coming up through the kelp. Underneath it is a treasure chest. The skull itself is colored with yellow, and 3 shades of green giving it an old algae colored look. The swords are gold colored. I still have some work to do on it. My tat guy has been very busy and our schedules keep getting screwed up. Started it two years ago. As has been stated it is your for life. Be sure what you get is what you want. Yes they can be removed but it looks like crap. And a good artist can cover most stuff. But why? I'll try to get an actual photo tomorrow and upload it.

Attachments

• UDM card002.jpg
    UDM card002.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 661
Hi, sorry no photo's of my tattoos, but I have 2 seahorses mating on my lower back, and a green sea turtle on the outside right ankle. Just wanted to say that YES YOU CAN get a Tat while on Vacation, I did with both of mine. They were done the day before I left to go home!No I DIDN"T dive for 2-3 weeks after,And NO Swimming in the Pool when I got home, And I had mine done in Grand Cayman AUG 2003,and If I need It recolored In the future the artist will recolor It free of charge!!(his words in writting)And after diving In the Cayman's, me being a Snowbird when I got back home,well, lets say I don't enjoy cold water!! Wink,Wink!I say go for It, enjoy diving and getting tattoos! Peace & Love, Turtle Gal

Hey Peeps!! Here are a few of my diving related tats:
My Turtle
2008_0119DivingTattoos0006.jpg

Ocean Animals Arm Band (My design)
2008_0115DivingTattoos0033.jpg

Fish Over Dive Flag (my idea)
2008_0115DivingTattoos0031.jpg

Diving in Paradise
2008_0115DivingTattoos2.jpg

Shark and Dolphin Yin and Yang in water surrounded by flames from the Sun (my design)
2008_0115BikeGatorTattoos0028.jpg

Scoobahdood, wow, nice tattoos, I really like them all! :D
The fish in Fish Over Dive Flag is a Trigger fish, right?

I got mine 6 weeks ago, here in Jakarta, it's a seahorse blowing a few bubbles. I'll upload a picture as soon as I remember how to do it....:confused:

IMG_1044-1.jpg
......here we are. It's sitting on my shoulder blade.

No pictures because my entire butt and hips are tattooed. Mine are traditional Asian designs representing feminine beauty and longevity. I have been thinking about getting a shark on the foot or ankle. Time will tell. I think I have enough ink for now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom