Tattoo advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stinggirl

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
:eyebrow:Ok. I had a goal that when I Lost 25lb I would get a diver flag tattoo. Well I've reached that goal. Now the question is where to have the tatoo and who can I trust to do it. Any suggestions from my fellow divers? I don't want real big, just noticeable.:D:D:D

A small one on the ankle or foot should be good for what you are looking for, but I'm new to the Tampa area and need the name of a good Tat shop to touch up a few old tat's and to get a new one myself.
If you can't get a recommendation make sure you look at a few really check out the shops around the area, look at the work they do, and how long they have been doing it.

Good luck, and good going on the weight loss.

Any competent artist can do a dive flag. It's really simple. Don't worry about it. Just find a nice clean shop that makes you feel comfortable.

Don't get it anywhere that may "sag" in the future. It may eventually end up looking like its waving in the wind. :D

My opinion is see if the "artist" can personalize your tat. Don't just pick one off the wall that a gazillion other people have. You are marking a special occasion in your life. Don't do it with something that's plain. That's just my opinion.

Ask to see a portfolio of the artists work. Some artists/shops have their portfolio online. Take your time shopping for the shop/artist/design you want.

and last but not least ...:balloons: Congrats on losing the 25 pounds!!! :balloons:

I am pretty familiar with the local tattoo shops. I have 12 tats and will of course get more. I will recommend you go to Phat Katz tattoos in Ybor City. They have a website so you can check out their work. The guy you want to see is John. You can't miss him cause he has pink hair. He does awesome work!!!!!!!! All of the guys there are good but he is my favorite. The shop is very clean and they are very helpful with the artistic process if you are not 100% sure of placement or design. When you check out the site and you look at Johns photos of work you will see a sunburst guitar on a guys arm. Thats me. I took him a picture of my guitar and he made the tat look just like it. That is impressive considering it is not just one solid color but about four that fade into each other. He also did matching tattoos on me and the Mrs. and if we put them side by side you can't see any difference at all. Again very impressive. If you need pics for proof just shoot me a pm and I will email you pics of his work.

I am pretty familiar with the local tattoo shops. I have 12 tats and will of course get more. I will recommend you go to Phat Katz tattoos in Ybor City. They have a website so you can check out their work. The guy you want to see is John. You can't miss him cause he has pink hair. He does awesome work!!!!!!!! All of the guys there are good but he is my favorite. The shop is very clean and they are very helpful with the artistic process if you are not 100% sure of placement or design. When you check out the site and you look at Johns photos of work you will see a sunburst guitar on a guys arm. Thats me. I took him a picture of my guitar and he made the tat look just like it. That is impressive considering it is not just one solid color but about four that fade into each other. He also did matching tattoos on me and the Mrs. and if we put them side by side you can't see any difference at all. Again very impressive. If you need pics for proof just shoot me a pm and I will email you pics of his work.

Thanks for the input. I will look into it.

Don't get it anywhere that may "sag" in the future. It may eventually end up looking like its waving in the wind. :D

My opinion is see if the "artist" can personalize your tat. Don't just pick one off the wall that a gazillion other people have. You are marking a special occasion in your life. Don't do it with something that's plain. That's just my opinion.

Ask to see a portfolio of the artists work. Some artists/shops have their portfolio online. Take your time shopping for the shop/artist/design you want.

and last but not least ...:balloons: Congrats on losing the 25 pounds!!! :balloons:
Thanks for your respond. I've thought about the "sagging" potential. I have been thinking about the inside of my right wrist or ankle. I already know tha I want a dive flag. I don't think tha should be to diffiicult. 25lb down, ALOT more to go, but easy does it. I think I finally got it right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom