Tattoo advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used Tom at Mean Machine in Oldsmar for my diveflag/speargun tat and he did AWESOME work. PM if you want to see it. He can be a bit more pricey and you need to book him usually about 2-3 weeks in advance, because he is that busy. I was willing to pay the extra, cause they last a lifetime and its not something you want to save a buck on just to get crappy work. BTW He's a fellow diver and one of the nicest guys you will meet. You should be able to find his website fairly easily.

Congrats on the weight loss! If you want some new art, go for it. I will tell you (from personal experience), the ankle is very sensitive. Don't have one on the foot, but I hear it really hurts (no fat under the skin). The wrist/forearm doesn't hurt, and can be covered by sleeves if necessary. Some artists have white ink that lasts longer than others, but it does fade. Just have the artist personalize the design, and enjoy your reward for your hard work. Oh yeah - you are going to post pics, right?

Congrats on the weight loss! If you want some new art, go for it. I will tell you (from personal experience), the ankle is very sensitive. Don't have one on the foot, but I hear it really hurts (no fat under the skin). The wrist/forearm doesn't hurt, and can be covered by sleeves if necessary. Some artists have white ink that lasts longer than others, but it does fade. Just have the artist personalize the design, and enjoy your reward for your hard work. Oh yeah - you are going to post pics, right?

Yes I will post pictures. Don't know when I will be doing it. Perhaps a few weeks. The wrist my initial idea but don't know yet. I live in Florida and long sleeves is something I don't wear but a few days per year.

I will be going to the keys next month. I REALLY want the tatoo. So I will be getting it. Thank you for your words of wisdom.:)

FYI -
you will want to have a couple of weeks between when you get a tat and when you go diving - no soaking or diving for a few weeks..........
I got an Alpha flag rather than the red/white diver down - my Catholic mom asked what it means, I told her it means I'm a scientologist - I got a good laugh out of that.

FYI -
you will want to have a couple of weeks between when you get a tat and when you go diving - no soaking or diving for a few weeks..........
I got an Alpha flag rather than the red/white diver down - my Catholic mom asked what it means, I told her it means I'm a scientologist - I got a good laugh out of that.

Thanks for the info. That will suck big time. Maybe I'll wait until end June since I'm going to a family reunion in California and that will give me one week that I won't be tempted to dive(water too cold out there).
As far as your mom, that was not nice.:rofl3::rofl3:

Oh, yeah, one other thing (also personal experience). If you have a tan in the area where the ink is going to go, it won't take. The ink will peel off as it heals. So keep the area out of the sun for a couple of weeks prior to getting the tat. As I said, sad personal experience...............

Oh, yeah, one other thing (also personal experience). If you have a tan in the area where the ink is going to go, it won't take. The ink will peel off as it heals. So keep the area out of the sun for a couple of weeks prior to getting the tat. As I said, sad personal experience...............

Ok thanks. No tan yet. Was Planning on working on it. I will hold off.

I believe I know what I will get. It will be on my leg. A dive flag with the shadow of a diver. I told my husband he should get a dive flag with bubbles coming out of it ( he's my bubble watcher).

:eyebrow:Ok. I had a goal that when I Lost 25lb I would get a diver flag tattoo. Well I've reached that goal. Now the question is where to have the tatoo and who can I trust to do it. Any suggestions from my fellow divers? I don't want real big, just noticeable.:D:D:D

yo

Get a big one .... keep it clean, make sure they use sterile needles, don't scratch it after, wash it with water and soap, don't go into the sun to soon, don't go diving to soon.

On the long run as more sun it gets as more the color will bleach out ...

have fun ... no pain no gain
Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom